Colored LED in FroYo

This is a discussion on Colored LED in FroYo within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; People have mentioned that they saw their trackball flash a certain color then go back to normal. I saw this happen, too and I think ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colored LED in FroYo

Colored LED in FroYo

People have mentioned that they saw their trackball flash a certain color then go back to normal. I saw this happen, too and I think that is probably the best that it can do...because if you think about it...let's assume:

1) You get a certain notification (it blinks the appropriate color)
    2) Your notificiation gets added to the other ones up there
    3) The next time it blinks white because you have more than one type of notification waiting for you and it blinks one white instead of all the various colors.

At least that's what I think.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

IMO it should cycle through colors when there is more than one alert...

@ra990

You are correct.

What your referring to when it changes different colors (cycles through them) for each type of alert is "Trackball Succession".

This is only available if you're rooted and running Cyanogen's ROM.

I noticed mine blinking green and unlocked the phone to find a google talk message, a google voice sms, and a new email.

I then cleared them all and got a new sms where it blinked green.

Then I got another sms after THAT and it blinked white.

I'm lost.

I'm getting whatever colour I want [for text messages only] using the handcent options [even though handcent isn't working right under FroYo].

It's not perfect, but trackball colours are the one thing my egoistic self has been waiting for so I'm super stoked to see any kind of movement forward.

My thinking is that now that El Goog has 'enabled' the functionality some boffin will be able to write an app that'll quote 'make all our wildest dreams come true' end quote.

Go boffins, go!

I've only managed to get the LED working PROPERLY in handcent sms (which as mentioned only works with sms)

I've tried two apps: trackball alert (which i know was for rooted and custon roms... just curious!) and an app called missed call

trackball alert showed the test notification fine, but did not work in real notifications

missed call only worked for sms even though it claimed it works for calls and bluetooth as well.

I hope some dev will come along and make aproper LED app... for the torch AND the trackball!!

Yeah, my experience is the same as above...

Is it possible for the camera flash to give multi colured notifications too??? Now that would be cool!!

Nevermind. I texted myself and it's strictly green for GV sms. Pretty rad... I wonder what other colours for the other notifications...

I've noticed some people mention that they have colour notification for email?

How is that done? I can't find any LED settings for email.

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    I've noticed some people mention that they have colour notification for email?

How is that done? I can't find any LED settings for email.
    Mine is just white for email. The settings don't exist, btw.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links