Chrome/Any Browser to Nexus One Tutorial

This is a discussion on Chrome/Any Browser to Nexus One Tutorial within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by rioja Originally Posted by Syntax323 How do you get it to open Gmaps? Mine just opens google maps in browser and thats ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrome/Any Browser to Nexus One Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    How do you get it to open Gmaps? Mine just opens google maps in browser and thats it.
    I had to get my driving directions in Maps, then in the upper right corner of the browser, click the "Link" and copy the URL. Paste into a browser window and then send it with the extension.

Not pretty, but it works.
    It doesn't give me a link on google maps in chrome. It stays at google.com/maps when I got the directions their.

Explain?

Edit: Oh...I see haha

Edit2: Even after I did that, it still only opens the directions up in the Browser. Thought it's supposed to open the GMAP app?

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    How do you get it to open Gmaps? Mine just opens google maps in browser and thats it.
    I had to get my driving directions in Maps, then in the upper right corner of the browser, click the "Link" and copy the URL. Paste into a browser window and then send it with the extension.

Not pretty, but it works.
    It doesn't give me a link on google maps in chrome. It stays at google.com/maps when I got the directions their.

Explain?

Edit: Oh...I see haha

Edit2: Even after I did that, it still only opens the directions up in the Browser. Thought it's supposed to open the GMAP app?
    Mine opened GMaps app directly with the driving directions loaded up.

Do you have the Launch checkbox checked in the Chrome to Phone app on your phone?

Yeah launch checkbox is checked.

Restarting phone, about to try again.

Yeah launch checkbox is checked.
    Odd! Try this link. Paste in your browser then send to phone. You need to really load it in the browser (go to the page). It popped up a bunch of addresses to choose in my GMaps app and everything. If it doesn't work, it could be the extension/app versions you have.

I added the "----" before/after the link so the forum doesn't try to parse it into a friendly url.

----http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=ramos+park&daddr=Google+ Inc.&hl=en&geocode=%3BCU_eyYQ3gNtdFTQIOwIdyyG5-A&mra=ls&sll=37.423156,-122.084917&sspn=0.038172,0.077162&g=Google+Inc.&ie =UTF8&z=15----

WOW! That worked.

I figured it out!

google maps has two different links.

If you use google.com/maps It will not work, it will only open up in browser.

If you use maps.google.com It WILL work, and open up google maps application.

How odd is that? Why do they have two different links?

Edit: Ooooh... I see. The google.com/maps uses the WWW start as in it's telling the phone, hey open the web.

Using maps.google.com is telling it not the web, use maps application. I think they should have made it both applicable. Hope they fix that.

Yet, that is the only application that doesn't work correctly.

Youtube video sent to phone opens youtube app and starts playing video right away, regardless of www.

Holy Crap... Good sleuthing there Syntax. I always go to maps.google.com, never even knew there was 2 different URLs. LOL

I know right? Since google is my homepage, is just typed in maps in search and clicked first one, it always led me to google.com/maps. So fricken weird to have two different URLs for same maps.

Help please!!! I can't find chrome to phone in extensions for google chrome on browser of my laptop. I have chrome browser opened and can find all other extensions, but not chrome to phone.

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by umplarry View Post
    Help please!!! I can't find chrome to phone in extensions for google chrome on browser of my laptop. I have chrome browser opened and can find all other extensions, but not chrome to phone.

What am I missing?
    Here you go Downloads - chrometophone - Project Hosting on Google Code

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links