Froyo Feature: 802.11n WiFi support

This is a discussion on Froyo Feature: 802.11n WiFi support within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 by Jerry Hildenbrand When the Nexus One first came out, there was some question about wireless N. Mainly why ...

View Poll Results: How important ist game sound and music on your Android

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always disable audio in games

2 66.67%
  • sometimes I use game sound and music

2 66.67%
  • It's ok to have sound but it's not neccesary

0 0%
  • It's ok to have music but it's not neccesary

0 0%
  • sound is very important

0 0%
  • msuic is very important

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froyo Feature: 802.11n WiFi support

Exclamation Froyo Feature: 802.11n WiFi support

Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 by Jerry Hildenbrand

When the Nexus One first came out, there was some question about wireless N. Mainly why didn't it work. N1 users who were rooted and running Cyanogen Mod started seeing some 802.11n goodness last month, but now it's official. Wireless N support is included in Froyo. You probably won't notice much speed difference (at least I didn't) as even the Snapdragon processor can only process so much information. But the increase in signal strength and range is awesome -- especially for spending a Sunday morning out on the deck reading the news with a pot of coffee and a cigar. I used to have to depend on Sprint 3G and my Hero to do that, but Froyo lets me bring the N1 out for some fresh air and to join the party.
    (Thanks, John (and Google)! Find a cool new feature in Froyo and want to tell the world about it? E-mail us here and we'll make you famous!)

reference

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Interestingly, much of the wifi posts with issues we have here are with N routers...

This may be a dumb question, but how do I check on my phone if its using N/G/B? It simply tells me that its connected.

Also, OP may want edit the poll question...it makes no sense.

In Froyo, dial *#*#4636#*#* and look at 'Wifi Status'

Hit the refresh stats button at the top and look at the link speed.

If you have good signal then b = 11Mbps, g = 54Mbps, n = 300Mbps (they're all max speeds, but you shouldn't be far off)

Best I can tell the radio connects at N (no doubt, I have an N only router) but I don't think the full protocol is supported because I only get 59mbps (via my router cpanel). Much better range tho.

I show only 65 mbps right next to my wrt600n linksys. is there a way to activate the "N" function?
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Best I can tell the radio connects at N (no doubt, I have an N only router) but I don't think the full protocol is supported because I only get 59mbps (via my router cpanel). Much better range tho.
    It has to support the "full protocol". It isn't uncommon for N only devices to connect at even slower speeds than that.

I was all excited to read this post. I checked the phone with the code listed, and I'm only getting g speeds on my n router. Well, after doing some research, my router is a Cisco WRT110n, but it's not a true n router. http://www.linksysrouterwireless.com...ter-WRT110.php Ugh. On the plus side, I'm getting consistent 52 Mbps speed on my N1, but I want more, More, MORE! I'll probably do some checking around and see what's out there for an n upgrade in the next week or so. If anyone has a true N router they are using and recommending, let me know. Thanks. :nexusx:

Edit: Placing the router on a different shelf has yielded a 58 Mbps speed, but still want more.

It's a "no go" for me. I'm using a Belkin N1 router and when I set it to Wireless Mode 11n, I cannot connect. When I set it to Wireless Mode 11g+n it connects fine @ Mbps.

Hate to add to the no go's but it's a no go for me too. 300mbps to all PC's with only 65 going to the phone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links