Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

This is a discussion on Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thanks so much. I definitely agree with a lot -trying the phone for 2 weeks is great (it is only thru mail tho right) -the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

Thanks so much. I definitely agree with a lot

-trying the phone for 2 weeks is great (it is only thru mail tho right)
    -the slide is basically an updated g1 but it is supposed to be faster. Isn't it?

-so basically u r all saying the Nexus is better, even tho it lacks the keyboard. First, I can turn it sideways, the slide part won't break. Nexus does get updates quicker than htc
    BUT what about the feature I like like the Genius Button?? It won't have that will it. Which one competes more with the iphone?? The Nexus right. Can anyone tell me. With either of these--i am so used to blackberry are these phones gonna miss out on a lot, if anything the 9700 can do. I hope not. I am hoping either choice is an upgrade

So, get the Nexus. Should is switch to verizon and get the Incredible. Someone said it is jist a better Nexus. Or would I regret that phone, or cdma, or Verizon, or the monthly costs?? If u say go there, money isn't the option (up front) monthly it is. But I will go with the incredible

So I will be getting the faster processor
    Sol
    More solid
    Better picture
    App response faster Droid updates

I won't get
    A keyboard, one that may get loose in a year
    The Genius Button
    What else does the HTC slide do. I know I am in a Nexus forum LOL but aren't there any Slide fans there that will even this out??

Again for a guy who tortures himself in decisions, I appreciate people in general. Even ones I don't know. I will kill myself over this for a week til I get paid or the slide comed out. If anyone wants to put me at ease via convo or text, send me a message. It would be moist welcomed

Stuck in the same boat

Here's what I dug up and I'm deciding between the two as well. What's holding me back is the genius button and Mymodes (similar to HTC sense scenes) since I need my work emails but don't need them when I'm off. all the features in the genius button is in the N1 but they are not all in one place. hope some of this info helps

MT3G Slide:
    +Genius Button
    +Qwerty
    +price
    +Custom Apps (MyModes, Faves Gallery)
    +Dragon voice recognition (not sure if N1 is same or not)
    -slower processor
    -3.4" screen
    -less RAM

N1:
    +Snapdragon
    +3.7" screen
    +Amoled
    +Noise cancellation
    +live wallpapers
    -No Qwerty
    -Higher Price
    -does not come all blacked out

Same:
    =Custom UI
    =Froyo 2.2 update
    =5mp Camera
    =same GPU
    =Android of course
    =GPS
    =3.5mm
    =other obvious stuff

Ok Zlim, what the heck does "-does not come all blacked out" mean?

BTW, they both have QWERTY keyboards (virtual or otherwise).

go with the N1. If keyboard or typing is the main issue, use swype or shapewriter. I thought I would never use it but when i tried it and practiced a bit, OMG. its the best!

Thanks to all of you I finally did it...sprung for the Nexus

1. I can exchange if I like, minus a restock fee, right?

2. What are the options again, adding software, etc, adding the HTC keyboard, etc...
    ...of all the options, if u could list that would be great, what is the best option

3. I ordered a Seidio case cause I am used to them, love them, and fit in a cradle, which I love, WITH the case on
    But I cancelled. I saw The One Case and others
    anyone recommend some good quality colored ones and a holster or horizonatal case. ...a case that can fit in a desk cradle

Again, thanks for all your help
    I look forward to calling this place home and helping anyone i can when , not if, I learn it.

I was at blackberry forums for years. You guys are right up there

Regarding #1, you can return it, not exchange it......

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Regarding #1, you can return it, not exchange it......
    LOL, well, that's what I meant. Returning is even better.

But thanks. And thanks to anyone for helping me pick this phone.

any ideas on what I asked about the cases??

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Ok Zlim, what the heck does "-does not come all blacked out" mean?

BTW, they both have QWERTY keyboards (virtual or otherwise).
    I was hoping for a physical keyboard but I guess the touchscreen keys would work. But the all Blacked out would be the phone's housing color (you gotta love the glossy black). Why wouldn't google offer multiple colors if they are so colorful in nature. oh well

Also is there a way one the Nexus one to change "modes/scenes" when you are at work/home, similar to the HTC sense scenes feature?

I want to be able to get my work emails when I'm at work but I don't want them when I'm not. the HTC scenes/ t-mobile's myModes does this automatically.

IMHO the slide is outdated before it has even launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlim View Post
    I was hoping for a physical keyboard but I guess the touchscreen keys would work. But the all Blacked out would be the phone's housing color (you gotta love the glossy black). Why wouldn't google offer multiple colors if they are so colorful in nature. oh well
    Sorry. the "glossy black" does nothing for me. I, personally, think that the Nexus One is a gorgeous phone and is aesthetically pleasing well beyond any other phone that I've seen. The form factor is perfect. Size ... feel... looks... just the best.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links