Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

This is a discussion on Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I really want to buy the nexus one (price is no issue here) but I was wondering if there is an app similar to the ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

I really want to buy the nexus one (price is no issue here) but I was wondering if there is an app similar to the genius button feature (voice controls all in one place) and if there is a feature/app similar to mymodes which lets you switch between home/work configurations for emails and things

If anyone could shed some light on this, that would seal the deal for me on this phone...Too bad the EVO wasn't T-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Zlim View Post
    Too bad the EVO wasn't T-mobile
    If you were upgrading I would actually wait until the next phone AFTER the EVO since it will set the standard for all future phones to have HDMI output, HD video recording, Front facing camera... in addition to a better processor/more ram. Everyone who buy's a breakthrough device (N1 included) goes through MAJOR growing pains

Ap...I just sent you a msg, I am not sure why You can answer here also, with this question

so while you recommended waiting, I assume for those who aren't impulsive, who haven't sold their blackberry, you hold firm like the rest in here, that me getting the N1 was far better than most phones

And when you said future phones will get a better processor based off the EVO, the N1 is the same speed, correct? U were speaking of the ROM amount for Apps? and the ability to store on the ROM and elsewhere

What size memory card comes with the N1 I accidentally mailed my 32 gig to the blackberry buyer. I emailed him and sent him his 2g. LOL You think he will send mine back. I enclosed a self stamped envelope Would you return it

And in the beginning of the thread, there was talk of the keyboard
    you said that landscape is larger, prettymuch knew that, but I was given msgs about APK, what is that software upgrades of keyboard. I was also told and given a link which describes how to PUT THE HTC KEYBOARD ON THE GOOGLE N1

Would you do it? Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    When you said future phones will get a better processor based off the EVO, the N1 is the same speed, correct? U were speaking of the ROM amount for Apps? and the ability to store on the ROM and elsewhere
    Yeah I think the EVO will change the way future phones are built by raising the bar. HDMI, Front facing camera, HD video recording will become required features on smartphones in the future. Kind of like how 5mp cameras w/ flash are becoming the norm for smart phones right now!

It's always best not to get the first generation of anything without already knowing there's gonna be some MAJOR growing pains. This is a reason I told my friend to ABSOLUTELY DO NOT get an iPad. You know that it's gonna be messed up until they get the kinks ironed out with the 2nd version.

I think the N1 is the perfect phone to hold us over for two years. Long enough until the smart phones coming out will be outstanding... but I would never trade a N1 for an EVO. Seems waaaaaay to early to lock yourself into the first phone type that changes the game. Wait for competition to come out with a 2nd version.

Thanks Again A...

So you in fact weren't at all telling me to NOT get a N1 You do like it. You would not trade this new one for an EVO because it is even 4 months newer and nothing is known about it. And the N1 has been out for 4 months and kinks are being worked out and made known daily and possibly fixed in updates??? These new phones have some newer things, like the new (possibly) standards , HDMI input, front Camera (I WANT TO ASK YOU WHAT THIS IS...aren't all them front? Wasn't my Blackberry 9700 front? I had to face it front ways?) as well as other newer things, we all, and others with recently bought new cells will have this in our face, thus, held over us for the next year or two til our carrier's new one comes out ???

That was ENTIRELY a question or a statement...was that what I got out of post last and two posts ago. Or if you don't know where i am referring, is that generally what you think

The FRONT of the phone is the side that faces YOU. Phones with a single camera always face the other way (the back). The EVO has two cameras, the normal rear (another word for back) facing camera and a lower resolution front facing camera (that looks at you while you see the screen).

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    And lastly, I, because of some health issues and meds shake a little, some say I should therefore get a keyboard on my first phone, would you concur
    Well it's probably not the same thing, but I sometimes have tremors and I get on with the touch screen fine.

Thank...

You...Makes sense.

thanks for the keyboard encouragement too.

Just going to throw this out there,

EVO will be nice for the sense UI/4.3" screen. Not really interested in the camera features of the EVO because we all know that the N8 from nokia will destroy any phone in terms of imaging, and if I wanted hi-def imaging we all know that no high end phone would replace a high good camera. but I'm looking for a good power user phone. hopefully the N1 will do the trick for me.

Also for those who talked about waiting...there's already a 1.3ghz in the works, if I was going to wait I'd just go for that baby. but I can't wait that long...My N95 is retired.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links