Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

This is a discussion on Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; From what i have heard the mytouch slide is considered a 2.1 but cant use live wallpaper like the nexus one....suck man but its your ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

From what i have heard the mytouch slide is considered a 2.1 but cant use live wallpaper like the nexus one....suck man but its your decision i'll gove thumbs up to both phone they are both great but i'll prefer the N1

Thanks a bunch.

Already got it. U are right...love it

there is a problem with putting widgets on the homepage...it has to go back

and they do it a weird way, I send back, they refund, I reorder. I told them that was risky for them, as some may decide to switch phones

As I love the phone, but am thinking of getting the Incredible (Now, I see what everyone is saying, the Slide is nice, but compared to this it is a toy. this can do all that and more and is solid. the genius button...no biggie, it is all there...a couple spots, and with Google)

But, like I said, I have to reorder, slightly considering the Incredible

I know it would cost me $35 bucks more monthly with Verizon
    Id lose 11 years of loyalty years...could not go back to that plan
    Another phone like these may come in a year or so
    The Nexus gets very easy tech support by calling 1899-48NEXUS.. immediately..no wait, no jumping thru loopholes
    The Nexus gets immediate updates compared to HTC phones
    The Nexus has that scroll on the side of the contacts when you scroll fast

On the other hand the Incredilbe has:

8mp cam
    8gb memory
    arguably better keyboard
    optical pad
    prettier, but lacks the brick ****house feel of the Nexus (sturdy)
    HTC UI Overlay (some prefer , but some prefer the original Droid)

So, is going to verizon worth $#5 more monthly, especially now when I am between jobs??

thanks for your reply also

Ok, I just registered here to comment on this.
    This weekend I got my wife a Mytouch Slide 3G. I'm am still a G1 owner, I've been one ever since the begining. I'd like to get a N1 but I just haven't had a chance to see one in person. The fact that it doesn't have a physical keyboard is also a reason to avoid it.

I have personally spent some time playing with the MTS and I've come away VERY impressed. I was under the impression that it was "just and updated G1" too, that is not 100% accurate. Like I said I have the G1 and know it pretty much inside and out. Compared to my rooted G1 the MTS flies, switching from ap to ap is painless. It's my wife's phone and she has put a bunch of widgets on her home page there has been NO change in performance.

I have been completely surprised at how much faster the MTS is over my G1. I even considered not getting a N1 because the MTS works just that well.

Another point, I prefer a physical keyboard over just a touchscreen. For me, a phone not having a physical keyboard was a deal breaker, not anymore. After spending a couple of days with the MTS I'm conviced that the on screen keyboard for android is completely usable, maybe even better than the physical. They have included slide in the stock keyboard.

The genius button. I could take it or leave it. I tried it out and it works. Just say "Dial Ron-Z" and it worked. Doesn't the N1 have pretty much the same thing? Swipe across the keyboard and you can talke to fill in text. I don't have expirience with the N1 but I would expect it to work just as well, possibly even better.

Battery life is well not great imo. I just bought a new battery for my G1 with heavy (surfing over wifi and some game play) use I can drain it in about 6-7 hours. It seems that it is the same for the MTS.

My take on it. The MTS is a damn good android phone. Yes, you won't get the snapdragon processor but I doubt you would miss it. I've heard through the grapevine that Froyo is coming to the MTS. It's a good phone I'd reccomend it.

Personally, I'm getting a N1 but that's cause I like to flash stats around.

Hey Iron

I am glad you posted. I am not a huge techy compared to a lot on here. I fret over most decisions I make as I don't have a lot of money and have been thru a lot.

There is not a Ton of difference AND you would not go wrong with the My Touch Slide, as you have found out.

But I think I am in a good position to make this having just got the N1 last week but my partner in the same house just got the My Touch as he could not put out the full $560 and I could not help him.

He LOVES it, the speed, all it does.

To me the N1 does show its speed, it is built like a brick ****house as is the slide, but this is slimmer, I love the LIVE wallpapers, you can get a task killer or erxtended life battery if you are worried about life

that covers a few negs..but for the pros, you have Google right at your side, aside from help at this forum. I personally do not like the Sense UI. Not that its bad, I feel its overkill and hard to find some things Besides without it, we are all but assured of getting updates quicker

That is just the beginning
    I figured I would chime in when I can because I cannot do it that much being a beginner.

Now I will make room for the veterans to give their opinions...
    thanks to all who helped me. And good luck with urs, neither will be the wrong way.

I have the mytouch slide

Quote Originally Posted by ak808 View Post
    outdated i would say no. Especially after froyo. The N1 currentIy has features that as far as I know no other phone has. For instance flash player.
    So i have the mytouch slide. And I never use the slide. The android/sense ui os is terrific. I run flash all the time. Including hulu and such. I have used the nexus one. And it felt uhmm cheap. Plus mytouch slide is getting froyo soon. But The 2.1 sense ui is great right now. I cant wait to see howe froyo and sense ui go together. But eric i suggest the mytouch slide bro

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tc4lthetruth View Post
    outdated i would say no. Especially after froyo. The N1 currentIy has features that as far as I know no other phone has. For instance flash player.
    So i have the mytouch slide. And I never use the slide. The android/sense ui os is terrific. I run flash all the time. Including hulu and such. I have used the nexus one. And it felt uhmm cheap. Plus mytouch slide is getting froyo soon. But The 2.1 sense ui is great right now. I cant wait to see howe froyo and sense ui go together. But eric i suggest the mytouch slide bro

How you are watching Hulu when it's not recognized by any mobile unit including Flash 10.1 mobile? And what flash are you referring to? Flash Lite? Cause 10.1 is only avail to 2.2 Froyo.
    Androidfied.

Yes flash lite. And I have a third party hulu app. Its k

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Yes flash lite. And I have a third party hulu app. Its k
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Androidfied.

C
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post

How you are watching Hulu when it's not recognized by any mobile unit including Flash 10.1 mobile? And what flash are you referring to? Flash Lite? Cause 10.1 is only avail to 2.2 Froyo.
    Yes flash lite. But I use a custom hulu app. That I made myself. Only works on wi fi. And the android market won't let me put it on the market. So only me and a few friends use it. But i can't get it to work on froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Thanks a bunch.

So, is going to verizon worth $#5 more monthly, especially now when I am between jobs??
    I am VERY new here & don't own the MTS or the N1, but wanted to chime in about switching from TMo to Verizon. There was a new Verizon tower built just a mile from our house about a year ago, so we've been waiting for our contract w/TMo to expire so we could switch to Verizon. Since my husband uses his phone extensively for work, we decided to keep our TMo phones going (& hold off on porting the numbers over) & Verizon gave us temporary numbers. (BTW, we got the Incredibles & we love the phones...our first Android phones).

Sadly, we have discovered that TMo still gives us much better reception than Verizon, despite having a tower less than a mile away. (we live in a rural area). The nice thing is that we had the 30 day trial with Verizon, so after working with tech support for a week, we are getting ready to return the Incredibles & stick with TMobile. If you're unsure about leaving TMo, you may want to do a similar deal where you keep your TMo contract open until you get a chance to test Verizon & make sure you like it as well.

Now I'm back to the drawing board & trying to decide between the MTS & the N1...but the price of the N1 may force us to go with the slide.

I haven't dug around the forums yet, but can anyone tell me...in a nutshell...the process involved in switching from an existing TMo phone to the N1? Do you even have to tell TMo that you switched? We'd have to add the data plan, but other than that, is there anything involved?

Thanks & good luck on deciding between TMo & Verizon!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links