Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

This is a discussion on Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ChiefsFan I haven't dug around the forums yet, but can anyone tell me...in a nutshell...the process involved in switching from an existing ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefsFan View Post
    I haven't dug around the forums yet, but can anyone tell me...in a nutshell...the process involved in switching from an existing TMo phone to the N1? Do you even have to tell TMo that you switched? We'd have to add the data plan, but other than that, is there anything involved?

Thanks & good luck on deciding between TMo & Verizon!
    Simply swap your SIM in to the new phone. If you buy unsubsidised, you will eventually be prompted to purchase the data plan..if you buy subsidised, the SIM will arrive with the phone properly configured for your account which will include the data plan requirement, otherwise, you can do a 'MSISDN re-use' to transfer/port your old cell number to your 'new' account.

Thank you for the info!

i dont think data plan is required if ur buyin it unsubsidized, u could call in and add the $10 data plan(u can try for the tzone 4.99? plan... doesent hurt to try) if u get the nexus one unsubsidized

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and a quick one, at that

Can I ask, have you used the Nexus one? What one do you use?

So is that true for anyone, or mainly for someone like me, who, i may have said uses a med that makes me shake a TAD.

My friend who has thick fingers says he got used to his iPhone in a week. Again, would you in general still say no, or because of my fingers, or because the Nexus is harder than that

In addition, I was leaning to the MTouch Slide. Can u make me feel better, I have heard GREAT reviews, except one Cnet guy who only gave it a 7, and bashed the Keyboard (only person in the world) and the vga vid cam?

any ideas on that?

thanks again so much. that was so nice of you
    eric
    I can tell you that I have thick fingers, and I had the HTC G-1 (slide out keyboard), the myTouch (the 1st edition), and now the Nexus One. I can tell you that the G-1 was the easiest to text/email from with the slideout keyboard. The myTouch was simply too small a screen for my fingers. The Nexus One is certainly better than the myTouch....but at times does give me fits with my fingers getting in the way....and I'm pretty good with texting, etc.

Oh....and for what it's worth....I had a recent bout with chills, and was bedridden....let me tell you, texting while on the Nexus One and shaking, was NOT easy at all. Not sure it compares exactly....but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mush03 View Post
    i dont think data plan is required if ur buyin it unsubsidized, u could call in and add the $10 data plan(u can try for the tzone 4.99? plan... doesent hurt to try) if u get the nexus one unsubsidized
    I'll definitely check into that. I didn't even know there was a $4.99 or $10 data plan. When I called the store they said it would be $30/mo extra for the data plan! Thanks!

Yea i think you should get the N1, and if you dont like it sell it on craigslist or ebay or sumthing or trade it for the mytouch slide. =]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links