Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

This is a discussion on Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I ask you to please be impartial if anyone can help me make a decision on these two phones I have read up on both. ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

Nexus ONE vs HTC My Touch 3G Slide

I ask you to please be impartial if anyone can help me make a decision on these two phones

I have read up on both.

Specs are very similar right?

The N1 has a faster processor, but what HTC did to the slide makes it close

the N1 has a better Vid and bigger screen
    BUT the Slide has some features they say, that are not on any droid

With that, with the N1 being 5 months old, is it yet outdated

And lastly, I, because of some health issues and meds shake a little, some say I should therefore get a keyboard on my first phone, would you concur

With all that , your helping me decide would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

if you shake

keyboard, definitely. Touchscreen will drive you nuts.

Excimer, Thank You

Thanks for the reply, and a quick one, at that

Can I ask, have you used the Nexus one? What one do you use?

So is that true for anyone, or mainly for someone like me, who, i may have said uses a med that makes me shake a TAD.

My friend who has thick fingers says he got used to his iPhone in a week. Again, would you in general still say no, or because of my fingers, or because the Nexus is harder than that

In addition, I was leaning to the MTouch Slide. Can u make me feel better, I have heard GREAT reviews, except one Cnet guy who only gave it a 7, and bashed the Keyboard (only person in the world) and the vga vid cam?

any ideas on that?

thanks again so much. that was so nice of you
    eric

I have the N1

Have also owned and used, Palm Pre, Blackberry Storm, Bold, Tour, iPhone 3Gs. Generally the touchscreens require a steady hand and you might mis type a fair amount. I do not think the N1 is more demanding than the iPhone. So if the iPhone is doable the N1 should be too. Only down side to the MyTouch is the slide which is always a mixed bag. Nice concept but over time they all loosen and eventually that is where they will break. But this could take a long time if the phone is well cared for. Palm Pre was a slider and I only had it 6 weeks but the slider loosened alot.

outdated i would say no. Especially after froyo. The N1 currently has features that as far as I know no other phone has. For instance flash player.

I want to thank you for sticking with me and helping me solve this. It seems like u know your stuff

So, given my budget and desire to stay with Tmo because of my loyalty plan,and I cant goto Verizon, and I want a Droid

It seems that while you are not crazy bout a slide, the amount you may not care about that is LESS than the amount that you dislike a Nexus and full keyboard . so the My Touch Slide is for me, correct

woiuld I be right in saying that I COULD handle a huge all touch screen like the next EVO 4, but I'd make a mistake in going to Sprint??

Eric

I think you have summarized my thoughts well

and yes avoid sprint. Just my opinion.

Plus, if you can stomach a $45 restocking fee if you DON'T like the N1 after trying it out, they give you two weeks (1 month in California) to play with it. Make your decision after experiencing the phone. G'Luck!

In my opinion the mytouch slide is a updated g1. My previous phone was a g1 before I got the nexus. My initial impressions were that the nexus was indeed faster in loading apps and graphics. Playing a armored strike on the g1 was I thought "ok" everything works, but when I played the same game on the nexus it felt like it was on turbo speed. Internet pages load time is the same as well. Sometimes on the g1 it would just stop loading. However, I did miss the qwerty keyboard and the touchscreen keyboard did take some getting used to I admit. The great thing is that there are a variety of keyboards out on the market place that makes things easier or worse depends on preference.
    The screen is looks gorgeous on the nexus1. I have a lot of friends with iphones and they always are amazed on how clear and vivid video looks on the nexus.

Bottom line is I picked the nexus because I wanted a powerful phone and still wanted to stick with tmobile because of the loyalty thing and tmobile has been treating me really good. The nexus is the best phone you can get for t-mobile bottom line. Try it out and if you don't like it sell it. I'm sure there are a lot of people looking for a nexus since froyo just came out.
    But, if you went with the mytouch slide because of the keyboard I could see why because of your condition. It took me a few weeks to get used to the nexus keyboard and I still make mistakes.

If you do get a nexus though you could always turn the phone sidewards thus making the keyboard a lot larger and type that way. Even though it touch the buttons are bigger then the qwerty buttons i've seen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links