Found an App That Installs to SD!!

This is a discussion on Found an App That Installs to SD!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't remember what all the notes say when you download an app that has to do with what it can access. But, if SD ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found an App That Installs to SD!!

I don't remember what all the notes say when you download an app that has to do with what it can access. But, if SD Card is listed, I would say yes to your question.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    When you move an app to the SD card, it disappears from the download section in the market. So would you still receive update notification?

The apps I have downloaded to the SD card are still showing up under downloads section in the market. I just checked again to be sure before answering, and they are still there.

Don't know why, but when I move Earth Live Wallpaper to the SD, it disappears from the download section in the market. Also when I move it, my wallpaper goes back to stock wallpaper so I have to set it up again. Anyone else have Earth Live Wallpaper?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's back under the download section. Guess it takes some time for for apps in the sd card to show in the market. Kinda like the gallery.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

mabey i misunderstood, but i was under the impression that with froyo we would have the ability to move most of our apps to the SD card. am i mistaken? i havent rooted, and thats really the biggest thing enticing me to do so, (apps to SD) i just havent been able to bring myself to void the warranty on a phone that costs half a months rent. if anyone can clear that up id greatful

Quote Originally Posted by d nizzle View Post
    mabey i misunderstood, but i was under the impression that with froyo we would have the ability to move most of our apps to the SD card. am i mistaken? i havent rooted, and thats really the biggest thing enticing me to do so, (apps to SD) i just havent been able to bring myself to void the warranty on a phone that costs half a months rent. if anyone can clear that up id greatful
    It is up to each dev of the app if they want you to move thier app to the sd card. If a dev dosn't want you to move their app, then you can't without rooting. I think that in the near future, most free apps will be allowed to be moved to your sdcard. For fear of piracy, I think that most paid apps will stay put. Did I clear things up for you or made it more confusing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crystal clear dude. that makes perfect sense. i appreciate it very much. thank you iphoneslayer.

You're welcome d nizzle. Anytime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links