Android 2.2 Final Build available OTA SOON!

This is a discussion on Android 2.2 Final Build available OTA SOON! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; That's right! Android 2.2 to be here very soon via OTA update. This according to AndroidDev on twitter --- AndroidDev (AndroidDev) on Twitter Here is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Android 2.2 Final Build available OTA SOON!

Android 2.2 Final Build available OTA SOON!

That's right! Android 2.2 to be here very soon via OTA update. This according to AndroidDev on twitter --- AndroidDev (AndroidDev) on Twitter

Here is the web link to where I first found it ---> Android Dev Team Confirms Android 2.2 Final Build Coming OTA Shortly ..Soon enough us AT&T users will be able to taste the FroYo sweetness haha. For those T-Mobile users, this is old news!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How is this old news. I've heard no date of a teemoo rollout OTA and I'm waiting for the OTA.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    How is this old news. I've heard no date of a teemoo rollo OTA and I'm waiting for the OTA.
    I only say old news because T-Mobile users with a build number of ERE27 can do a manual update for FroYo. AT&T users have a EBE54B build number, which doesn't allow the manual update to follow through. Have you tried the manual update for your device?

No its not an OTA. The manual is not authorized and I'm lazy as well. I want seemless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    How is this old news. I've heard no date of a teemoo rollo OTA and I'm waiting for the OTA.
    I only say old news because T-Mobile users with a build number of ERE27 can do a manual update for FroYo. AT&T users have a EBE54B build number, which doesn't allow the manual update to follow through. Have you tried the manual update for your device?
    The news is that Google confirmed 2.2 was only rolled out to a few test users. And the final build is coming soon. Before now it wasn't clear how it was working. Clearly the rollout has NOT started.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    The news is that Google confirmed 2.2 was only rolled out to a few test users. And the final build is coming soon. Before now it wasn't clear how it was working. Clearly the rollout has NOT started.
    I know. The release was for devs / press / journalists. Hopefully it comes, sooner rather than later.

I sure hope so. Ive been waiting as patiently as possible but you guys who jumped on the link made me drool!

Im just curious if the OTA they will release will be a different build then the one they release for "tester and press" a couple days ago.

Their messages says " We expect a final build..." That make me feel that they will probably make some adjustment, then release a real final build.

I spoke to a google rep (via tmobile customer service) and asked about whether the "final build" ota would overwrite the "interim build" manual update. he told me that it would still update over the previous manual 2.2. update, which means that the only downside to doing a manual update is the potential problems (power, etc.) that have already been described in other postings...

I wouldn't be surprised if the final build is the same as the FRF50 FroYo that im currently Sporting...no problems whatsoever for me so far.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links