Froyo Feature: Bluetooth Voice Dialing

This is a discussion on Froyo Feature: Bluetooth Voice Dialing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by N1David I have a Plantronics bluetooth, only one button and bluetooth voice dialing does not work with the Plantronics. I dug the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Froyo Feature: Bluetooth Voice Dialing

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I have a Plantronics bluetooth, only one button and bluetooth voice dialing does not work with the Plantronics.
    I dug the operating manual for my bluetooth and what do you know? It does work with bluetooth voice dialing. I tried it and though I guess I need to speak clearer because it didn't dial the right person. :rofl3:

i have a plantronics 975 and it gets all my voice dialing commands wrong. must be my aussie accent

Quote Originally Posted by diab0lik View Post
    i have a plantronics 975 and it gets all my voice dialing commands wrong. must be my aussie accent
    I found it works better if I tell it to dial the numbers instead of speaking the name. Maybe that will help you?

I have a 4 year old Motorola HS850 that works with the BT voice dialing in 2.2. I did have to adjust my rate of speech with deliberate spaces between each word and have had much better success on getting the correct number the first time. :nexusx:

I have a Plantronics 925 --- bluetooth voice dialing does NOT work. :[

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I just bought me a new radio for my car with bluetooth feature and absolutely love it. I can hit the voice dialer on my radio and it will activate it on my phone. Plus I can play my music via bluetooth as well. And the voice dialer has greatly improved since 2.1. It picks up very good. Voice dialer via bluetooth is a great fix for 2.2.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    I just bought me a new radio for my car with bluetooth feature and absolutely love it. I can hit the voice dialer on my radio and it will activate it on my phone. Plus I can play my music via bluetooth as well. And the voice dialer has greatly improved since 2.1. It picks up very good. Voice dialer via bluetooth is a great fix for 2.2.
    Same here everything works fine except i cant bluetooth my contacts over to the stereo, worked fine when i had the lg renoir, any ideas thx

I've found that I need to say the complete name - first and last plus "home" or "mobile". Then the recognition is really good. But just a first name and I get all sorts of strange results. And as somebody suggested, dialling by saying the numbers works pretty well too if you know the number off by heart.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Same here everything works fine except i cant bluetooth my contacts over to the stereo, worked fine when i had the lg renoir, any ideas thx
    Could be theythat it's not supported
    Androidfied.

i think voice recognition software is still developmental...
    Google Devs are still working on it...
    Understanding Accents for a machine is more difficult than Gaming Graphics Processing
    It is the next 'wave'...Which Google is riding
    Dragon's also been working on this...
    I am glad that we are using cutting edge tech... but understanding a Texan Drawl, A Boston snog, a British Cockney, an Indian accent... is not easy... and That is JUST ENGLISH!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links