why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

This is a discussion on why google stops the FROYO manual update link?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Are we all so self centered? Google gave out early units to the press to make a media splash and attract NEW users. They weren't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

Are we all so self centered? Google gave out early units to the press to make a media splash and attract NEW users. They weren't concerned with existing users when they gave out the link. Existing users will get it when it's ready.

Of course they care about us. But the way they care about existing users is by waiting till all the pieces are in place to release a finished version appropriately. The last thing they want is publicity about bugs.

Plus, by letting a few people get it generates its own buzz, too, and keeps it in the news.[/QUOTE]

i think it is a little bit tricky by google,they can name it by FROYO beta,but not in that way,i already updated my N1 to 2.2,and i don't know what to do next after the OTA comes. (plz excuse my english all)

I thought I saw this posted somewhere here but can't find it now. Hope I am not posting a repeat. Sorry if I am....

Android Revolution: The Android 2.2 file in current circulation IS NOT THE OFFICIAL Public release
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

i think the 2.2 was atest to see what are the users response and what are the bugs in it..

Quote Originally Posted by husnain17 View Post
    i think the 2.2 was atest to see what are the users response and what are the bugs in it..
    It's doubtful. There is hardly enough time to do any major changes to the codebase if they are planning on pushing this out in the next week or two to millions of phones. Most likely 2.2 has been finalized already.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by husnain17 View Post
    It's doubtful. There is hardly enough time to do any major changes to the codebase if they are planning on pushing this out in the next week or two to millions of phones. Most likely 2.2 has been finalized already.
    How many Nexus Ones are actually out in the wild? Anyone know?

Millions sounds a bit high....

Last industry guesstimate was approx 500,000 worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Last industry guesstimate was approx 500,000 worldwide
    That was about what I thought.... not quite "millions.."

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Google stopped it because it wasn't meant for public use, it's not the final build.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    does this mean an even more polished version will replace the current "2.2" we have now?
    That's likely.

My student who works at Qualcomm (makers of Nexus chipset) says they are debugging 2.2 as we speak. I assume the eventual OTA update to 2.2 will be a tweaked version of what's being tested. In fact there may even be significant changes.

Except that 2.2 is meant for all android phones, and there won't be any changes even if Nexus One gets it first, so millions might be correct?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Except that 2.2 is meant for all android phones, and there won't be any changes even if Nexus One gets it first, so millions might be correct?
    bozzy also said "in the next week or two", therefore I understood him to be talking about the Nexus One only.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links