why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

This is a discussion on why google stops the FROYO manual update link?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; But my point was that they will not change Froyo once it's released for the Nexus, so, even if Nexus is first, whatever it gets ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

But my point was that they will not change Froyo once it's released for the Nexus, so, even if Nexus is first, whatever it gets OTA will be the final version that "all" other android phones will be getting. I do believe that the number of android phones out there that need to be updated is in the millions (in fact it looks like 10's of millions now), as the first poster noted, so I was supporting that number.

The MidP's point was that they will be rolling this out to millions of phones in the next couple of weeks, so it is highly likely that the code was frozen quite a while ago, and any changes they are making now will only be major bug fixes, if any fixes are added at all and the version that was recently available is or is very close to the final build.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    But my point was that they will not change Froyo once it's released for the Nexus, so, even if Nexus is first, whatever it gets OTA will be the final version that "all" other android phones will be getting.
    The build released on other devices will NOT be the same. There are differences depending on the device. It's not as simple as compiling for one target and dumping the release on each device. Having multiple targets makes it much more complex to debug since issues that may arise on the N1 may not be the same as the issues on the Droid.

When they do release it for every one can I get it manually and will it replace the current version or will I need to downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    When they do release it for every one can I get it manually and will it replace the current version or will I need to downgrade
    It's been my experience there has always been a sussed link to upgrade manually, just as we attained here. The version and signature will be different for any new release, so it should be available for upgrade in either method to current 2.2 users, once it goes 'live'. It is STILL speculation that this current 2.2 release is or is not final..those blog links posted earlier are not definitive, simply bloggers speculating just like we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    But my point was that they will not change Froyo once it's released for the Nexus, so, even if Nexus is first, whatever it gets OTA will be the final version that "all" other android phones will be getting.
    The build released on other devices will NOT be the same. There are differences depending on the device. It's not as simple as compiling for one target and dumping the release on each device. Having multiple targets makes it much more complex to debug since issues that may arise on the N1 may not be the same as the issues on the Droid.
    That's where patches should come into play honestly. You don't see Microsoft releasing different versions of Windows for Dell, HP, Sony, Acer, Asus, etc.

Smile

I felt like I made a mistake by updating to 2.2 when I found out that it wasn't for everyone. But you guys on the forums do make me feel that everything will be good when it dies get released.

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    I felt like I made a mistake by updating to 2.2 when I found out that it wasn't for everyone. But you guys on the forums do make me feel that everything will be good when it dies get released.
    LOL.... oops

hey guys... i just got my nexus one recently and so that I missed the froyo update since google stops it as we all know... so if anybody out there got a minor link; it would be appreciated by me! plz help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links