why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

This is a discussion on why google stops the FROYO manual update link?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; did you noticed that guys??? in two sites the manual update 2.2 link is broken,thats very strange! they gave us the green light for updating ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

why google stops the FROYO manual update link??

did you noticed that guys??? in two sites the manual update 2.2 link is broken,thats very strange!
    they gave us the green light for updating then they stop it !!
    i already updated to 2.2 and i am worry that the OTA will not works with me when it comes officially.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by madahab View Post
    Google NEVER gave us the green light to update manually.

N1 owners are just really sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

..which is precisely why the link was withdrawn. Google was able to ensure the units that were supposed to get it, got it...and I suspect they knew the link would go public, but finally withdrew the link once they were satisfied the target units got the update.

you are right Alpha.....but what next after they get the target?????
    no one knows.but i think they don't need that target coz they allredy know all of the N1 users will do the update even if it has a bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

..which is precisely why the link was withdrawn. Google was able to ensure the units that were supposed to get it, got it...and I suspect they knew the link would go public, but finally withdrew the link once they were satisfied the target units got the update.
    Exactly! I suspect the test base chosen by Google to test Froyo is big enough for them to get feedback and to iron the bugs as quickly as possible...

I think honestly that the mainstream Froyo release will be done by June, just before the Flash 10.1 release goes live...

TIP!: FROYO RELEASE FOR THE DESIRE ON JUNE 23rd...

More info here...

Unconfirmed Froyo coming to desire 23rd of june! - xda-developers

If this report is true... we would get Froyo earlier... I don't remember where.. but it said something around June 10th....

Google stopped it because it wasn't meant for public use, it's not the final build.

no one knows.but i think they don't need that target coz they allredy know all of the N1 users will do the update even if it has a bugs.
    I *hope* they've learned from Buzz, that it's good to do in-house beta, but ALSO good to do a wider, 'semi-public' release, one that can give them some deniability, some cover, if the release itself has some major bugs. What a better semi-public group than TMO early adopters, the dev/hack community, who they knew would pounce, yet not hold Google responsible for the myriad software issues (2.2 compatibility, mostly). Since it is 'escaped into the wild', that relieves them of responsibility while simultaneously provides feedback (they're most certainly scanning XDA and other fora such as us) for major issues, as well as drumming up free promotional excitement about its impending public release, via fora and journalist reporting. Quite brilliant, if you ask me, but Google is known for their extensive 'beta' habit, they understand the cachet of cutting edge tech, even if slightly imperfect.

does this mean an even more polished version will replace the current "2.2" we have now?

Are we all so self centered? Google gave out early units to the press to make a media splash and attract NEW users. They weren't concerned with existing users when they gave out the link. Existing users will get it when it's ready.

Of course they care about us. But the way they care about existing users is by waiting till all the pieces are in place to release a finished version appropriately. The last thing they want is publicity about bugs.

Plus, by letting a few people get it generates its own buzz, too, and keeps it in the news.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links