Handcent with 2.2

This is a discussion on Handcent with 2.2 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi Mates I recently upgraded to Froyo 2.2 and am finding it great so far! One small problem I have is that when previosuly, when ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handcent with 2.2

Handcent with 2.2

Hi Mates

I recently upgraded to Froyo 2.2 and am finding it great so far! One small problem I have is that when previosuly, when i opened the Messaging App, Handcent would open my my SMS's and i could see them using Handcent. However, now when I open the Messaging App, the messages are opening using the standard Messaging app which is quite annoying.

When I go into Applications and check the default app for Messaging, it shows tha No default app is selected

Also, I have updated with the latest version of Handcent and even uninstalled and re-installed.

Does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed please?

Thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you get the most recent update for handcent (I only got it this morning manually)?

If you have, try pressing on a contact on contact list, then press the message icon when the options come up (call, sms, facebook etc etc). When you press messaging, it will ask you what app to use, then select handcent.

Give that a try, thats how i assign handcent most of the time

Yes Mate the way you are saying works well however what has changed is the following:
    Before when I opened the messaging app (the green one with the smiley face), handcent used to automatically kick in for my Inbox and would see the messages using Handcent however Now its using the standard app :/

Any idea?

So you mean:

BEFORE: when you pressed the stock messaging app to check your inbox, handcent would open.

NOW: its just openning with the stock messaging app?

Sorry, I have no idea how we can find a workaround to getting it to how it was before =(

I haven't TOUCHED the stock app since I had handcent installed, since my messages appear in the notification bar and I have the handcent widget on the homescreen. Perhaps you should just open handcent from now on instead?

Yes thats how it used to be...I guess i'll use Handcent then Thanks

your welcome! =)

For me Handcent 3.0 (latest) doesn't list the contacts. But it is listing the Groups & Recents

I've noticed with the Froyo 2.2 update pictures saved to the SD card are not picked up by the gallery until I either reboot my phone, or plug it into my computer and mount it for access by the computer and then unmount it.
    Is there a way to get the gallery to manually update contents?

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I've noticed with the Froyo 2.2 update pictures saved to the SD card are not picked up by the gallery until I either reboot my phone, or plug it into my computer and mount it for access by the computer and then unmount it.
    Is there a way to get the gallery to manually update contents?
    I found the gallery app tended to update more quickly than 2.1 (which needed like 5mins). In 2.1 it would sometimes say its completely empty, 2.2 gallery has had no problems for me so far.

I usually just close the gallery app then re-open it and the stuff refreshes. If you've tried this and the only way you've been able to the gallery to update maybe you can find something in the market to replace the default gallery?

Thanks for the reply, I've tried that (closing & re-opening gallery) - even letting my phone sit for about 10 minutes before I open the gallery. I will check the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links