Setting up n1 multiple email accounts

This is a discussion on Setting up n1 multiple email accounts within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Guys, as I understand the N1 supports multiple email accounts & Gmail is the default email in N1. Can anyone tell me how to set ...

Thread: Setting up n1 multiple email accounts

Setting up n1 multiple email accounts

Guys, as I understand the N1 supports multiple email accounts & Gmail is the default email in N1.
    Can anyone tell me how to set up my Yahoo email in the N1?
    Thanks mate!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been trying this to get it work but no luck

jameskelvin, with a 2.2 upgrade is still not solving this particular problem. In other words if you use N1, you must stick with Gmail. How absurd can it be????

cxm
    my yahoo account forwards to my google apps account, and I use a label so I can see which account is which. If not I think (but have never done it) that you just need to set it up with the email app (rather than the gmail app) and then menu, accounts, add account and start filling in your account details.

Quote Originally Posted by dlff View Post
    jameskelvin, with a 2.2 upgrade is still not solving this particular problem. In other words if you use N1, you must stick with Gmail. How absurd can it be????
    yeah, still not solved.. I'm using browser to check my emails for now.

It's NOT a flaw of the N1 and you do not have to use Gmail.

There are two ways to do it:
    1. Sign up for Gmail and have all your Yahoo Mail forwarded. Set up the N1 Gmail app for this account. This is free and you can send and receive mail as normal. If you use the Gmail web site to make your Yahoo address the default, it will look like you're sending from Yahoo anyway.

2. Sign up for Yahoo Plus and use the email app on the N1 to collect your email directly from Yahoo via POP3. However, Yahoo charge for this.

It's not Google's fault that your email provider doesn't allow POP3 access for free, and there is nothing that they can do to 'fix' using a Yahoo account in future updates.

You can use the N1 with pretty much anything. I was getting mail from my comcast account (POP3) and from a home based mail server (IMAP) in addition to my work (Exchange) and Gmail.

Now I have Gmail, my own domain via google apps and Exchange.

For the life of me I can't remember where I set it up but I remember it being counter-intuitive for the non-gmail accounts. But it can be done!

With Yahoo you have two options.

1) Change your region to Asia in Yahoo. This allows Free Pop3 email forwarding. (Yes, everything is still in English )

2) Use IMAP settings for Yahoo. Note, you will not be able to receive email when connected to wifi with this option.

The IMAP settings are:

Incoming
    IMAP Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port 143
    Security: None

Outgoing
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 587
    Security: none

Best of luck

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/