Froyo update is not final release!?

This is a discussion on Froyo update is not final release!? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ap3604 Google Employee --- You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo update is not final release!?

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Google Employee ---
    You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don't sweat...but I'd highly recommend waiting for our official release
    I was getting worried that since I updated to 2.2 manually my phone would check if I had 2.2 and not update me to the official OTA version from Google.

This response from the Google employee alleviated all of my concern's now so I am a happy man :D
    Did you notice the Google Employee's name?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Google Employee ---
    You will still get the automatic notification if the official release is a newer version than the one you have, so don't sweat...but I'd highly recommend waiting for our official release
    I was getting worried that since I updated to 2.2 manually my phone would check if I had 2.2 and not update me to the official OTA version from Google.

This response from the Google employee alleviated all of my concern's now so I am a happy man :D
    Did you notice the Google Employee's name?
    It was RyGuy...same dude who said the 3G issue was no longer being troubleshot at the OS/software level.

On the link it said the post was by passion-ate. Wasn't that the name of the froyo file?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On the link it said the post was by passion-ate. Wasn't that the name of the froyo file?
    Passion was the original code name for the Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Passion was the original code name for the Nexus One.
    Oh ok..Didn't know that. Nevermind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I posted some real news and they closed my thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    they closed it cos this is the "oficial" thread for talking that i think
    It's not closed. Here it is: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...t-release.html

thats why i was thinking on rolling back to CM 5.0.6... what do u think??

stay with froyo or back to CM 5.0.6???

i dont have any problem with froyo. but i miss the trackball colors and trackball wake
    I have trackball colors with this version of Froyo. Although not as configurable as the mods out there, and I use nolock from the market for trackball wake.

And its closed.

The smart move would have been to edit the title for clarity (mine was pretty lame) instead of burying it in yet another speculation thread so the site could get some pageviews out of it but not every dog knows what to do with a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post

i dont have any problem with froyo. but i miss the trackball colors and trackball wake
    I have trackball colors with this version of Froyo. Although not as configurable as the mods out there, and I use nolock from the market for trackball wake.
    Yeah everyone has the colors with the unofficial release, it just wasn't finished.

I'm sure the build that we got was to just showcase to the testers that, hey trackball colors are coming and it's in the works, see it flashes green when you get a text! haha

What they said was going to be in their was customizable trackball colors. So I think in the final build, we will be able to set a color for each notification. Like G-mail being red, msg green, missed call blue, or whatever you chose, and it will most likely cycle through colors depending how many notifications you have.

Their is just small details missing from this build, that they said would be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post

Yeah everyone has the colors with the unofficial release, it just wasn't finished.

I'm sure the build that we got was to just showcase to the testers that, hey trackball colors are coming and it's in the works, see it flashes green when you get a text! haha

What they said was going to be in their was customizable trackball colors. So I think in the final build, we will be able to set a color for each notification. Like G-mail being red, msg green, missed call blue, or whatever you chose, and it will most likely cycle through colors depending how many notifications you have.

Their is just small details missing from this build, that they said would be in.
    Now someone just needs to do a hack to flash the trackball different colors to different sound frequencies while playing music so you have your own mini light show. :nexusx: a.d.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links