Froyo update is not final release!?

This is a discussion on Froyo update is not final release!? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by mightytalldude Originally Posted by Syntax323 Originally Posted by mightytalldude I have trackball colors with this version of Froyo. Although not as configurable ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo update is not final release!?

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post

I have trackball colors with this version of Froyo. Although not as configurable as the mods out there, and I use nolock from the market for trackball wake.
    Yeah everyone has the colors with the unofficial release, it just wasn't finished.

I'm sure the build that we got was to just showcase to the testers that, hey trackball colors are coming and it's in the works, see it flashes green when you get a text! haha

What they said was going to be in their was customizable trackball colors. So I think in the final build, we will be able to set a color for each notification. Like G-mail being red, msg green, missed call blue, or whatever you chose, and it will most likely cycle through colors depending how many notifications you have.

Their is just small details missing from this build, that they said would be in.
    Now someone just needs to do a hack to flash the trackball different colors to different sound frequencies while playing music so you have your own mini light show. :nexusx: a.d.
    Now THAT sir, is a awesome idea. Haha, jamming techno with the trackball going nuts and awesome colors. Sweet. Haha

Yeah everyone has the colors with the unofficial release, it just wasn't finished.

I'm sure the build that we got was to just showcase to the testers that, hey trackball colors are coming and it's in the works, see it flashes green when you get a text! haha

What they said was going to be in their was customizable trackball colors. So I think in the final build, we will be able to set a color for each notification. Like G-mail being red, msg green, missed call blue, or whatever you chose, and it will most likely cycle through colors depending how many notifications you have.

Their is just small details missing from this build, that they said would be in.
    Now someone just needs to do a hack to flash the trackball different colors to different sound frequencies while playing music so you have your own mini light show. :nexusx: a.d.
    Now THAT sir, is a awesome idea. Haha, jamming techno with the trackball going nuts and awesome colors. Sweet. Haha
    haha just like a nokia phone that i had with 4 lights on the side!!! xD

what happened to the sexy music player they demo'ed. hopefully that makes it to the final version.

Well, I haven't seen it mentioned before, if someone creates it, I'll use it. I don't think it would be that hard, and incorporate a random screen show with it. It's not that far a stretch really. :nexusx:

IMHO, RyGuy's post resolved the update speculation only: IF the 'Official' release is an update, current 2.2 users WILL get the 'Official' OTA roll-out, as well (based on a higher release number). RyGuy's post does NOT relieve speculation that current 2.2 is final or not...and it bears repeating that there are multiple meanings to 'official'. 'Official' can mean 'from Google' as opposed to a hacked ROM, in addition to 'Google launched and available to the general public'. I think of my 2.2 upgrade as the 'unofficial official' 2.2. :rofl3: I would love to see another version number, and even greater features (fm transceiver?), but I'm totally impressed with what I've got already.

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    what happened to the sexy music player they demo'ed. hopefully that makes it to the final version.
    Whaaaat? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    Whaaaat? Where?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8unC9bA4O8&feature=related[/ame]

from about 3.50 onwards, looks much better

hmm you're right. I don't know how I missed that one. I don't remember that demo at all. Was this during the Google IO 2010?

Still wish they would go to full album art on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    Whaaaat? Where?
    This is what I found:

Um, Did Google Just Quietly Launch A Web-Based iTunes Competitor? Yep.

But I already have ubiquitous access to my collection via Subsonic, so SimplifyMedia would need to be super-easy and integrated to Android to make it worth my while.

My guess is that this is a LAN only streaming. I highly doubt that you'll get your home tunes anywhere else.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links