Froyo update is not final release!?

This is a discussion on Froyo update is not final release!? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by elvis1 From a Google employee: "It is extremely likely that the official OTA update will be a newer version (in this case ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Froyo update is not final release!?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    From a Google employee:

"It is extremely likely that the official OTA update will be a newer version (in this case meaning build number) and therefore everyone that updated manually will receive the OTA."

Source: when will be available the Nexus One update to Android 2.2 Froyo? Will be the OTA? Thanks - Android Help
    Guess we'll all know in a few weeks.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

well, at least those that installed 2.2 can still get the official version in a few weeks if they want. That's good news!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    well, at least those that installed 2.2 can still get the official version in a few weeks if they want. That's good news!
    That has been pretty obvious since the beginning. I'm not sure why people have been freaking out. You don't send out a limited release OTA and not allow those users to get the latest OTA when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Actually, it is/was called Simplify Media, and was acquired by Google in early March. mSpot is currently in private beta, and is not much more interesting than Lala was...you have to sync you tracks to the cloud ala Lala, then your playlists could work...a bunch of unnecessary data considering a home-based server setup (ala Subsonic) is a MUCH more efficient, and private approach (from a commercial/label copyright situation).
    I would much rather go with a cloud based approach that doesn't require I have my PC on 24/7 to get my music. Anyways, it wasn't clear how the new service is going to work. Google just bought the company a few months ago. We don't know what changes in the service are going to happen between now and when it's released.
    I'm using a low-power NAS, not a full-on PC, and it uses a laptop drive so both power and noise are no issue. The cloud approach is currently limited to 2gigs for free, anything more will cost a monthy sub(they fully intend to monetize!), and considering I'm over 500gigs, 'that ain't gonna happen'.

im having some problems with the GPS...

first.... i have the at&t version.... EPE54B and i flashed the Paul's FroYo with the cyanogen's kernel and stuff.

now the GPS its not working.. it cant find my location... not even on 4square.

what can i do???

i was thinking on going back to cm 5.0.6 cos the ..7 wasnt working fine... it resized all my pictures xD

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    im having some problems with the GPS...

first.... i have the at&t version.... EPE54B and i flashed the Paul's FroYo with the cyanogen's kernel and stuff.

now the GPS its not working.. it cant find my location... not even on 4square.

what can i do???

i was thinking on going back to cm 5.0.6 cos the ..7 wasnt working fine... it resized all my pictures xD
    any help on this?

I'd go hunt down the original ROM and flash that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links