Enchancement to On-Screen Keyboard

This is a discussion on Enchancement to On-Screen Keyboard within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Letís face it, the stock on-screen keyboard for Android is nothing to write home about ó or to write home on for that matter ó ...

Thread: Enchancement to On-Screen Keyboard

Exclamation Enchancement to On-Screen Keyboard

Letís face it, the stock on-screen keyboard for Android is nothing to write home about ó or to write home on for that matter ó so any news about improvements is always welcome. It looks like a few small enhancements are coming as part of Froyo, aimed at making the keyboard slightly more accessible. It isnít the sort of the sweeping improvement we all could hope for, but, hey, at least it shows they are working on it.

You can now access the number pad and punctuation by swiping up from the keyboard to reveal two additional rows of keys. No longer will you need to long press the ď?123″ key. Also, swiping left and right across the space bar will cycle the keyboard through any installed system languages.
    Progress! Not exactly earth-shattering changes, but progress. If you canít wait for the Android Team to get their act together you can always check out one of the other third-party keyboard options available (or really just Swype).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nice. I didn't notice that. I kind of miss the ".com" button when typing a url now.

Quote Originally Posted by funless View Post
    Nice. I didn't notice that. I kind of miss the ".com" button when typing a url now.
    I really don't mind the ".com" button because not all websites uses .com, some of it uses .net like this one..

Better Keyboard has the .com button.

i tried swiping up from the keyboard, and it didnt work..

Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Try the upper part of the keyboard, on the row of the qwerty...

Quote Originally Posted by jameskevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by funless View Post
    I really don't mind the ".com" button because not all websites uses .com, some of it uses .net like this one..
    Yeah but if you long press the .com it gives you the .net and other options so I will miss the .com button

Quote Originally Posted by jameskevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by missnexus View Post
    Try the upper part of the keyboard, on the row of the qwerty...
    Great. Thanks!

The Android guys got interviewed about the keyboard. They said because of the huge differences in screen sizes, resolutions, and hardware on Android devices they are forced to keep the keyboard as generic as possible and let 3rd parties and device manufactures make a custom keyboard.
    so basically find another keyboard that works for you. they claim the speech the text is the best function of Android keyboard and its all they use....
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links