keyboard question after froyo update

This is a discussion on keyboard question after froyo update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; im used to swiping the keyboard down, when im done using it or swiping it to the right for voice input, but since the update, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keyboard question after froyo update

keyboard question after froyo update

im used to swiping the keyboard down, when im done using it or swiping it to the right for voice input, but since the update, ive been having a hard time getting these two things to work. Are you guys having the same problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

wow didnt know you could swipe down to hide the keyboard. LOL. glad i read this. still on 2.1 though.

haha i didnt know this either. nice.

LOL me too. Learned something new.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

lol. glad i helped some of you out... on froyo, the common characters (? _ ! , @) shows up on top of the keyboard (where auto-complete words normally show up) after you type a word, so that's probably the main reason, swipe down doesnt work as much.. also tapping on letters are more responsive or sensitive now.. so everytime i try to swipe it down, it types a letter instead... and slide to the right for voice input, i haven't had any luck yet... those are probably the only things i miss about eclair! wish i can get those to work!

Lol. I think ya'll just skipped the "introduction to Android" when you started your Nexus One for the very first time, right?
    @missnexus try doing it faster
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    wow didnt know you could swipe down to hide the keyboard. LOL. glad i read this. still on 2.1 though.
    awesome, a nexus one owner in the philippines! (born and raised there!) did you buy it thru google? I thought people there only use nokia. damn how much was it in php?

I'm trying now.. How do you do that? I can't swipe it away.... Stock keyboard.

think its more of holding (dun let go) and moving up. once you chosen the key, it will hide again

I just got updated to Froyo and there is a definite change in the sensitivity of the keyboard. I use the speech to text often, and after the update swiping across they keyboard adds characters instead of activating the speech widget. Hope they fix this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links