Froyo and cell signal strength.

This is a discussion on Froyo and cell signal strength. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I live in an area with poor T-mobile coverage. I've struggled with this somewhat since getting the N1 and switching from Verizon to T-mobile. At ...

Thread: Froyo and cell signal strength.

Froyo and cell signal strength.

I live in an area with poor T-mobile coverage. I've struggled with this somewhat since getting the N1 and switching from Verizon to T-mobile. At home I can only consistently get a signal at one place in my house.

Well, since manually updating to Froyo a couple days ago I'm getting 2-3 bars all over the house! At first I thought this was a fluke, but I'm now convinced that they made some significant improvements in the radio firmware.

Anyone else notice this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

jah
    I was in the middle of nowhere in TN this weekend when the release hit. It was the first time I'd been there since switching from US Cellular to T-Mo. With US Cellular, I got great coverage, so I was dismayed to find that I got zero coverage - voice or data - on T-Mo. After the update, tho, I was able to get a tower in at least half of the town.

I feel a mixture of elation that it now works and disappointment that part of the problem was a software glitch on Google's side, vs a tower problem on T-Mo's side. And I'm totally annoyed in general at the lousy coverage, whether it's T-Mo or Google.

There is a new firmware. I notice it big time at work, where I'd normally have 1 bar, now I get 3. However, where I had good coverage before it remains the same... don't notice anything different.

Glad to hear T-mobile users is benefiting from it though!

Something else to look forward to is that T-mo is rolling out more 4g(hspa) coverage also, latest being northeastern USA last week...I too have struggled tremendously with the lousey coverage and I too came from great coverage with verizon. MAybe my state will be next in line...?????

EDIT:
    If it wasnt for the strength of the phone being so amazing...I would have gone back to Verizon and a dumb phone....well semi dumb...i could at least surf the web and never lost connection. Big plug to T-Mo for good rates though. One tradeoff for another LOLOL
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Root

I have been using an app from Root (mytruecoverage.com) that allowed me to really understand why I was having signal issues with my phone. I was able to even print a report of the coverage issues I had from my own coverage map and trying to get a refund from T-Mobile for lost minutes for dropped calls.

Quote Originally Posted by sglow View Post
    I live in an area with poor T-mobile coverage. I've struggled with this somewhat since getting the N1 and switching from Verizon to T-mobile. At home I can only consistently get a signal at one place in my house.

Well, since manually updating to Froyo a couple days ago I'm getting 2-3 bars all over the house! At first I thought this was a fluke, but I'm now convinced that they made some significant improvements in the radio firmware.

Anyone else notice this?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links