Froyo- Biggest improvements for me so far

This is a discussion on Froyo- Biggest improvements for me so far within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Regarding Froyo (the one floating around, not the OTA)- Along with all the other great things that others have mentioned, for me, the two biggest ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froyo- Biggest improvements for me so far

Froyo- Biggest improvements for me so far

Regarding Froyo (the one floating around, not the OTA)-

Along with all the other great things that others have mentioned, for me, the two biggest improvements/fixes are:
    * Bluetooth problems with car system FIXED!!! (2007 Infiniti G35s w/nav)
    * Battery life is SOOOOOOOO much better.

Those, two things were very important to me, and adding the WiFi hotspot, tethering, improved speed, and improved camera, I could care less whether the OTA version has any further improvements.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I hear ya! I'm thoroughly impressed with what Google's done in this release.

Also, my 3G connection at work is far better. Up to 3 bars from 1 - if I was lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I hear ya! I'm thoroughly impressed with what Google's done in this release.

Also, my 3G connection at work is far better. Up to 3 bars from 1 - if I was lucky!
    Did I miss anything here?
    Why there is no 3G signal strength indicator in my N1?
    Only two arrows showing up- and downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by justinjun View Post
    Did I miss anything here?
    Why there is no 3G signal strength indicator in my N1?
    Only two arrows showing up- and downloading?
    Are you on wifi? The signal indicator disappears when wifi is enabled. It's replaced by the wifi icon.

[EDIT]
    Oh wait... you have no bars showing either??

I have the same thing with my 3G indicator, just two arrows... one pointing up, one pointing down. As for battery life, mine has got so much worse. Today was the 1st day I really put the phone to my regular usage (texting, browsing, sending emails) and from going fully charged at 9:00 A.M., I went down to 21% by the time it was 1:45 P.M. I really hope this changes with the OTA rollout.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    I have the same thing with my 3G indicator, just two arrows... one pointing up, one pointing down. As for battery life, mine has got so much worse. Today was the 1st day I really put the phone to my regular usage (texting, browsing, sending emails) and from going fully charged at 9:00 A.M., I went down to 21% by the time it was 1:45 P.M. I really hope this changes with the OTA rollout.
    I'm really curious what you guys mean with the arrows. Do you not have the 3G or bars at all? Here's a screenshot of mine. You see 3G at the top with the bars beside it. 3G has arrows... is that what you mean?

Is the Bluetooth Voice command is accurate?

It is picking right person 1 time in 20 tries. And also my bluetooth manual says double clicking the "Call" button will redial and long press "Call" button will activate Bluetooth Voice command. But it is going to Voice Command on double click. only 2 times it gone to redial. I think Bluetooth Voice command is buggy in this Test Build.

I'm really curious what you guys mean with the arrows. Do you not have the 3G or bars at all? Here's a screenshot of mine. You see 3G at the top with the bars beside it. 3G has arrows... is that what you mean?

I always thought the bars represented the signal strength from your phone's service provider, not the strength from the 3G. I thought the arrows underneath the "3G" indicated the signal strength for that as it would always illuminate when in use and would turn dark when not in use... Or just flicker with one arrow which I assumed represented the amount of strength I was receiving.

If the bars do indeed represent the strength of 3G, then what represents the service provider's strength?

I always thought the bars represented the signal strength from your phone's service provider, not the strength from the 3G. I thought the arrows underneath the "3G" indicated the signal strength for that as it would always illuminate when in use and would turn dark when not in use... Or just flicker with one arrow which I assumed represented the amount of strength I was receiving.

If the bars do indeed represent the strength of 3G, then what represents the service provider's strength?
    Wow, some serious confusion. 3G is a signal from your provider. The bars represent the strength of whichever band you're currently using (2G, 3G, EDGE). The arrows are up for transmit, down for receive.

Refer to page 66 in the user guide.

The arrows indicate activity, one for uplink and one for downlink, so if they are lit then there is communication between your phone and the cell site. You'll notice them grey a lot because you're not doing anything and sometimes they will flicker when you're not because of network overhead, background data, etc. The bars to the right of that indicate the signal strength between your phone and the tower, its just a basic RSSI meter, which corrolates to the quality and speed of your connection.

If you have wifi active, the 3g icon tends to disappear because I would imagine it clutters the notification area, but the bars are still there to show you how strong your connection is to the cell tower. It stays lit because even though you're using wifi for data, your calls are still going through the cell tower.

If you aren't on wifi and don't see the 3g icon, or any other icon, but are still able to make calls, then it's probably a bug.

Also, the bars don't represent the speed of the 3g data, so you could have full bars at one place and only have 100kbps, and have 2 bars somewhere else and have 2000kbps, its just an indicator of signal strength, not link speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links