Gotta be an easier way... contacts from Treo 750 to Nexus One

This is a discussion on Gotta be an easier way... contacts from Treo 750 to Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Alrighty, is there a way to easily convert my 1,000-ish contacts to my nexus one? I have sync'd my pc with my old phone so ...

Thread: Gotta be an easier way... contacts from Treo 750 to Nexus One

Gotta be an easier way... contacts from Treo 750 to Nexus One

Alrighty,
    is there a way to easily convert my 1,000-ish contacts to my nexus one? I have sync'd my pc with my old phone so all my contacts are on Microsoft Outlook. I lost the validation code for out outlook so I can't use the vcard feature with outlook to send it to gmail.

What is a CSV? and will gmail be able to send all the contacts to my phone permanately?

Anyone else have any good idears???

Thanks, Jeremy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You're on the right track. Simply export the contacts from outlook as CSV - Comma Separated Values (Windows).

Then import in Gmail Contacts on your computer. The contacts will sync to your phone.

Outlook should be able to export to a CSV file.

just head over to contacts.google.com and import the CSV there. use your nexus to logon to your google account (via 3G or wifi) then everything will transfer over.

hope this helps. just holler if you need anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    You're on the right track. Simply export the contacts from outlook as CSV - Comma Separated Values (Windows).

Then import in Gmail Contacts on your computer. The contacts will sync to your phone.

This Doesn't work!!! I sent my vcards to gmail and downloaded to my computer, I keep getting the message "Sorry, we could not recognize the file format"

This Sucks!!!! I have over 800 contacts to be convert to this new phone.

what the heck!!!

It has to be exported from Outlook as CSV - Comma Separated Values (Windows), not as vcards.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links