quick question about froyo

This is a discussion on quick question about froyo within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i am planning on buying a nexus one very soon. but i really want to wait for froyo to be shipped with the phones before ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quick question about froyo

quick question about froyo

i am planning on buying a nexus one very soon. but i really want to wait for froyo to be shipped with the phones before i buy it. Do you guys know when they will start shipping froyo with the phone? i know that the update hasn't been released officially yet though.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kevinf View Post
    i am planning on buying a nexus one very soon. but i really want to wait for froyo to be shipped with the phones before i buy it. Do you guys know when they will start shipping froyo with the phone? i know that the update hasn't been released officially yet though.
    Even if you update the unofficial Froyo update you will still get the official version when Google sends it out OTA

I would get the N1 right now if it were me...

yeah i know but it's just something about buying the nexus one with froyo preinstalled that makes me feel a bit better. i have flashed roms before so i do have experience but i would rather just get it preinstalled

Smile Don't be scared to update

There is nothing to worry about when flashing or shall we say, ( UPDATE).
    All you have to do is click the link and the phone does the rest.
    You really don't have to worry at all.

It's very likely that you will have to wait a long time for the phones to come preinstalled with Froyo. I bought my phone in the end of March, and the latest update was not installed on it. It installed when I first booted the phone. I think the same might even be true for the replacement I received over a month later.

There really is NOTHING to worry about. It works just like using windows update. It tells you there is an update, asks if you want to install it, you press yes, and a few minutes later it's done.

If you want a Nexus One get it when the price is right and you are ready. FROYO will be there soon irregardless.

I love my N1 with Cyanogen!!!
    PS - My wife has an N1 with FROYO and it is very nice but I still prefer rooted N1 with 2.1 and Cyanogen (but not by too much)

I would get the phone now while its on 2.1
    then when you update to froyo you'll be able to experience all of the great improvements that were made.

IMO there is nothing to be gained by waiting for Froyo to be pre-installed.
    When I got my Nexus One, it had Android 2.0 (I believe) Shortly after powering it up and I had it set up with my Gmail account, it auto updated (to 2.1) and there was a message on my phone asking if I wanted to reboot now to install or wait until later. I chose now and it re-booted, installed, came up working. No problem at all.

Like everyone else said, get it now. When 2.2 comes out it will update over the air (OTA). Got mine yesterday and it did that with the latest release.

Get it now while you can still order from the online store. Once it goes to retail stores, the prices may increase.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links