Advice from current nexus one users

This is a discussion on Advice from current nexus one users within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'd recommend getting it unlocked and try both for a month each. Then decide for yourself. I know with t-mobile you can get a basic ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Advice from current nexus one users

I'd recommend getting it unlocked and try both for a month each. Then decide for yourself. I know with t-mobile you can get a basic plan for $30 (even more plus), unlimited texting for $10, and $30 for android. That's a pretty good deal.

well I have a month to think about it...because I'm already with AT&T sooooo, I might stay with AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    well I have a month to think about it...because I'm already with AT&T sooooo, I might stay with AT&T
    Good choice! haha

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I'd recommend getting it unlocked and try both for a month each. Then decide for yourself. I know with t-mobile you can get a basic plan for $30 (even more plus), unlimited texting for $10, and $30 for android. That's a pretty good deal.
    All the Nexus Ones are unlocked. But you can't get 3G on both networks with one phone. That's why there are two different versions, that use different frequencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    All the Nexus Ones are unlocked. But you can't get 3G on both networks with one phone. That's why there are two different versions, that use different frequencies.
    Not sure what you are saying. You can awutch the unlocked phone between at&t and t-mobile services within the settings. I'm locked into a t-mobile account but still have the att option.

I'm. Sure the att people are quite happy with it but there are many t-mo people who were once with att and are glad they made the switch. Keep in mind that att is being burdened by the huge amount off people getting cheap iphones. And that number is going to increase even more with the soon. To be released iphone.

@ dudewithaplan that makes since man...good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Not sure what you are saying. You can awutch the unlocked phone between at&t and t-mobile services within the settings. I'm locked into a t-mobile account but still have the att option.

I'm. Sure the att people are quite happy with it but there are many t-mo people who were once with att and are glad they made the switch. Keep in mind that att is being burdened by the huge amount off people getting cheap iphones. And that number is going to increase even more with the soon. To be released iphone.
    You're right. You can switch between the both, but you won't get 3G speeds on AT&T if you have a tmobile version. That's the whole reason why there are two different version. So in other words, if you have a tmobile N1, and you put an AT&T sim card, it will work fine and you will receive calls, but you will be stuck with 2G

Rambo,

I just switched from the iPhone to the N1. I received mine on Monday, and have been hooked on it since. It's faster than the iphone, more customizable, the camera is better, you have flash, the SD card... the list goes on and on. I've found that I like this phone far more than I enjoyed my unlocked/jailbroken iPhone.

I'm on AT&T, and I seem to get better 3G service with my N1 than my friends get with their iPhones. We were at a bar the other night, and a buddy wanted to google something. He couldn't get a decent 3G signal, while he was arguing with his girlfriend about why it was taking so long to find the information, I pulled it up in a heartbeat.

Just some thoughts from a new N1 user, old iPhone user, and AT&T user.

@ dudewithaplan that makes since man...good stuff
    Actually, what he said makes no sense at all.

First off, he does not even understand why there are two different versions of the phone. Second, sure there are lots of iPhones on AT&T, but there are plenty of other 3G phones on T-Mobile also, so there.

Both companies/networks have their issues depending on where you live. From what I've heard in lots of searching on the old internet is that it seems like T-Mobile has more 3G problems then AT&T. I don't think that anyone has done a scientific study, so it's all a little guess work for any of us.

I've had my Nexus One on AT&T for about a month now and have been quite happy with the 3G service.

Again, for ME, at&t is the better carrier at a decent price. Verizon is almost as good, but it would be about $50 a month more than at&t for the same service. As for my $10 a month unlimited data plan, I will give you the play by play. I used my N1 for a week before I made the full switchover (verify the phone was 100%). When I called at&t to switch phones (still under my iphone contract), I said that I purchased a N1. They asked for the IMEI# and I gave it to him. He told me that it is a unsupported at&t phone, so I only need to get the $10 unlimited (5gb) data plan. He even asked what the phone was and I told him. I didn't hide the fact it is a smart phone or anything. They said that is all I needed and I have been enjoying it ever since.

As for what phone to go with, you need to decide what carrier works best for you in your location. You could pay me to have sprint or tmo in my area, verizon is ok and at&t seems to be the best. But if I live is socal/ny, I would be singing a different tune. If you are happy with the service that at&t is giving you, then get the at&t version of the N1.

Russ

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links