Advice from current nexus one users

This is a discussion on Advice from current nexus one users within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello to all of you, I am in need of a little help. I have a month left with my contract with AT&T and I've ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice from current nexus one users

Question Advice from current nexus one users

Hello to all of you, I am in need of a little help. I have a month left with my contract with AT&T and I've been doing a lot of research on the Nexus One. I'm liking what I'm hearing about it, and what i'm reading about it, but I wanted you guys opinions on it, since you already have the phone. Is the Nexus One the best phone out? Is it better than the iphone in your opinion? I mean I know the features with both phones, but I was not able to actually play with the Nexus One so I can't really know. Is it a lot of issues with the Nexus One? I've been hearing stories about it, and I really don't want to deal with issues if it's going to continue coming in you know what i mean. So PLEASE help me and let me know what you think. IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR ADVICE. Thank You!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

been using it for a month now though i must say i'm not from the us and using it in singapore... totally rocks esp with froyo update... there are a few setbacks but you can usually work around them like gmail calender sync and all... my advice, get it if you want a great device and not just be another brainless iphone user. then again if you wanna get loads of crap apps, pay for the good ones and whine about not being able to play flash go for apple stuff.

Well so far I've had this smartphone for a week. I bounce from platform to platform phone to phone a lot. I'll be with the Nexus One for a while though. The only phone I have kept for over a year was the iPhone due to the form factor and fresh UI. This phone has outdone my iPhone in UI and come damn near close in form factor. It's slick fast and comfortable I can just toss and in my pocket and forget it's there, throw it on the dash and let it navigate me all the way across the country while charging in the dock if I wanted (the dock you can buy fm google with the phone). All in all this phone is feature packed (which scared me because of the strain on the battery it could have, as well as maybe to packed for no reason). It's a great phone though I have good call quality I love the loo and feel and it's capabilities if I haven't said that enough already. Just jump on YouTube and watch a few reviews

I came to the nexus one from the iphone 3gs. I love it and 2.2 just made it better. I hated apples restrictions, cant do this and cant do that. Which is a better phone would depend on the person. I have no issues with my nexus one apart from tmobiles terrible 3g speeds in my area. And because of flash i have the full internet on my phone, which I thought I had with the iphone.

I just ditched my iphone for the N1. Couldn't be happier. I was tired of having the same phone as everyone else. And unless you jailbreak the iphone, that is what you are stuck with. For me, at&t is the best provider, so I just moved my sim card from the iphone to the N1 and away I went. Messed with the N1 for a couple of days to make sure I didn't have any issues, called at&t to tell them I have a different phone. Got dropped to a $10 per month 5gb data plan (lucky if I ever use more than 50mb) and called it a day. Just sold my umlocked iphone for $400 and the $20 a month I save on my bil will have this phone paid off before the end of the year. I am just waiting for froyo to get the ota release and go from there. Maybe I will root the phone, maybe not, but I am already 5x happier with this phone than my iphone. Not to mention 3g and edge are faster than my iphone. win, win, win all the way around.

Russ

Wink Thank you Everyone

All of you have been very helpful, I guess my next question will be, should I get it unlocked or is it ok to just get it throught Tmobile? Because RUSS you said something about staying with AT&T so you're bill is like $10 or something like that...how is that? Did you get the phone unlocked or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    All of you have been very helpful, I guess my next question will be, should I get it unlocked or is it ok to just get it throught Tmobile? Because RUSS you said something about staying with AT&T so you're bill is like $10 or something like that...how is that? Did you get the phone unlocked or something like that?
    As far as I know ATT will not "knowingly" charge you $10 for data on the nexus one. Its more likely to be $30. Get it unlocked on tmobile and get the $60 plan (5oom, unlim text and data). On contract you will pay less for the phone but $20 more for the plan. My plan is $55, without text. I text with google voice when i need to.

Unhappy

ok if I get it unlocked with Tmobile, then it's 60 a month...what kind of plan is that....and why will it be 30 with AT&T. That just seems goofy, being that it's originally a tmobile phone . I'm loving the phone though

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    ok if I get it unlocked with Tmobile, then it's 60 a month...what kind of plan is that....and why will it be 30 with AT&T. That just seems goofy, being that it's originally a tmobile phone . I'm loving the phone though
    eben more plus plan. Att price will be that same as for your iphone.

I think that the $10 unlimited data plan that people are mentioning for AT&T is when you're on a family plan and also have the $30 unlimited family messaging included in your family plan.

For individuals, it would be different.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links