Micro SD size

This is a discussion on Micro SD size within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NexusOneFTW oh thanks, so whats the big difference between class 2 and 4, in the sense of what you use them for? ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micro SD size

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneFTW View Post
    oh thanks, so whats the big difference between class 2 and 4, in the sense of what you use them for?
    Like I mentioned, the difference is the guaranteed MINIMUM WRITE speed. Class 2 is 2MB/sec, class 4 is 4MB/sec. The extra speed is nice if you're copying large files, but most times you just won't notice the difference.

Also, these are guaranteed MINIMUM write speeds. So some devices will be higher than that, even though they may be class 2 devices.

oh ok thanks

So in your opinion a Class 2 memory card is sufficent for tranfering music to the Nexus One from PC?

you need class 4 on a HD camera that writes on SD/MicroSD, like Go Pro HD. Otherwise it's not fast enough to record data and it stops after a few seconds.

but the nexus one dosent have a HD camera, so its not needed?

This is what I had in my BB8900, stuck it straight into my N1 and works perfectly. I have 6 HQ videos on it with music. The videos use about 1 gb each since they were transferred at an HQ setting on the converter software. Surprised it all worked from the BB to N1. Was happy with transfer rates and the BB has a slower processor than the N1.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/DATA-Class-Turbo-High-Speed-Reader/dp/B001GAYI42]Amazon.com: A-DATA 16GB Class 6 Turbo SDHC card with High-Speed 4-in-1 USB Reader.: Electronics[/ame]

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    This is what I had in my BB8900, stuck it straight into my N1 and works perfectly. I have 6 HQ videos on it with music. The videos use about 1 gb each since they were transferred at an HQ setting on the converter software. Surprised it all worked from the BB to N1. Was happy with transfer rates and the BB has a slower processor than the N1.

Amazon.com: A-DATA 16GB Class 6 Turbo SDHC card with High-Speed 4-in-1 USB Reader.: Electronics

Ken
    firstly dude thats amazon.com, useless in the uk, second its a sd card not micro sd

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneFTW View Post
    Hey guys, I am looking for a 16gb class 4 memory card for a Nexus One, I was wondering if anyone knows some good places to find them.

I live in the Uk.
    I think I bought mine from Amazon UK.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

Amazon.com: A-DATA 16GB Class 6 Turbo SDHC card with High-Speed 4-in-1 USB Reader.: Electronics

Ken
    firstly dude thats amazon.com, useless in the uk, second its a sd card not micro sd

Sorry,

I am 5 weeks post op back surgery and still on a good amount of meds. Personally don't know where Amazon is on the net, but missed the micro. My link is not the one I got, the below link is. Again, my bad.

Newegg.com - A-DATA 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model MicroSDHC CL6 16G Card

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I ordered a 16Gb Class 2 Sandisk from eBay a while back(34.95 if i remember correct). When it came it wasnt Class 2 so it got returned. I ended up going to Curry's and paying the thick end of 90 for one.
    So just beware on eBay, so many forgeries knocking about and people mis-advertising stuff !!!

ye, I never really buy from ebay because I have had bad past experience using them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links