Nexus One Contract Vs. No Contract?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Contract Vs. No Contract? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey what's up everyone, I've been doing a lot of reading of blogs, youtube, forums etc etc. Trying to figure out if I should by ...

Thread: Nexus One Contract Vs. No Contract?

Nexus One Contract Vs. No Contract?

Hey what's up everyone, I've been doing a lot of reading of blogs, youtube, forums etc etc. Trying to figure out if I should by the phone straight out with no contract or to get a 2 year contract. I know that buying it straight out is least expensive, and I know for those of you that got no contract probably got it so you won't be locked in also. I'm sure some of you did did if for the pricing too, but i'm trying to see if I should do the 530 up front, or just go with the least expensive way up front because I'm only saving $130 dollars for that year. So I'm torn between what to do AAHHHHH! I've been hearing a lot of good things about the phone...so i'm not worried about wanting to switch anytime soon. Here's the math for you guys, what would you do? For the Individual 500 minutes Talk/Text/Internet Plan with Contract it's $79.99 per month x 24 months = $1,919.76+ $180 (the cost of the phone) =2,099.76 for the year. For the individual 500 minutes Talk/Text/Internet without a 2 year contract it's $59.99 per month x 24 months + 530 for the phone = $1,969.76. Like I said I think I will be with Nexus One for quite a while, I was with Iphone for a full 2years and to me this seems a little better than the Iphone, so the question is, do I really want to save that $130 for the year, and pay that $530 up front, or pay least and save money now.....hmmmm....HELP

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

SORRY EVERYONE, IT'S ACTUALLY FOR 2 YEARS...IT WAS A TYPO! I think it's the lol

Ha! I chose to get it thru Google because i didn't want to renew my contract with TMO. So when its up i can getta newer phone with the big discount n not have to wait 2 Years. Thinking ahead!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

smart....I'm considering to ride off in that direction!

@ Slice.....How are you liking the phone so far??

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    @ Slice.....How are you liking the phone so far??
    Seriously its the best phone I've ever owned. You can totally Customize it how ever you like with Root access enabled. I learn something new about it seemingly every day
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

NICE!! lol what is this you keep putting on there Quick Root + 2.6.34 kernel?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rambo View Post
    NICE!! lol what is this you keep putting on there Quick Root + 2.6.34 kernel?
    Haha its my Signature. It equals my current setup. Android 2.2 Froyo plus the OverClocked Kernel from Pershoot.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I chose to go with unlocked so that I wouldn't be stuck with a $30 or whatever a month data plan. Also, so that I could get the $10 web2go data plan

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links