sick of devs trying to make the nexus one look like the iphone or any other phone

This is a discussion on sick of devs trying to make the nexus one look like the iphone or any other phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Which apps are you talking about? The several thousand 'soundboard' apps that all exactly the same except for the sound clips and graphics? The apps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sick of devs trying to make the nexus one look like the iphone or any other phone

djb
    Which apps are you talking about?

The several thousand 'soundboard' apps that all exactly the same except for the sound clips and graphics? The apps that pretty much are only a bookmark for a web page?

Apple used to have those kind of apps, until they had enough apps that they could more selective (at which point they became even more controlling, blocking any app which overlapped their market plans). I suspect that Google will go through the same evolution, figuring out a way to clean up the Market once consumers figure out that there isn't a difference between 10,000 and 50,000 with 40,000 crap apps.

Or are you talking about a different kind of application?

I don't think you can put all the blame on the devs for that. How many times do you read a post (here or elsewhere) where someone is asking if there is a program like "xxxxxx" like there is on an iphone because it was their favorite program? Devs will build what people want. Additionally, some devs may program for both platforms, and try to get the most out of all the effort they have already produced. I'm sure as time goes on, and new developers get more comfortable with the nuances of Android, we'll see many exciting new apps come along to take advantage of all Android has to offer.

I agree with OP! I want my phone to be different! Unique! Special! MINE!

There, I proudly present what I propose the Nexus Two to look like:

Haven't really decided what kind of apps I want on it though...
    My sigs keep getting

As long as it hasnt got a bloody iphone theme and some childish fart noises on it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    I agree with OP! I want my phone to be different! Unique! Special! MINE!

There, I proudly present what I propose the Nexus Two to look like:

Haven't really decided what kind of apps I want on it though...
    Reminded me of that Louis Vuitton Aura by Motorola:

Quote Originally Posted by james_ortiz View Post
    why cant devs just make the nexus one a unique phone and not copy from other people WHY? AND THEY FLOOD THE MARKET WITH STUPID APPS TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE IPHONE..ONCE AGAIN WHY?
    Because those who switch from iPhone's can get the same , if not similar apps. A lot of the iPhone's apps are attractive and stemmed from the App Store to the Android Market.

Android is nothing like the iPhone, regardless of similar features or whatever. Nexus One owns the iPhone, hands down. No bias, only because I owned an iPhone and know it was a great phone.....but the N1 is so much greater. =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links