Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice

This is a discussion on Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by ap3604 Originally Posted by nihilion Originally Posted by ap3604 If you want great looks, paying only $40/mo, getting updates immediately, and great ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    If you want great looks, paying only $40/mo, getting updates immediately, and great customer service... Go with the N1

If you want worse looks, paying $80/mo, getting updates 5 months late, and terrible customer service... Go with the Evo

For me its a pretty clear descision
    How can I pay only $40 per month?
    Sorry hit the wrong #. I meant $50/mo with the Even More Plus plan when you cancel the text messaging and use google voice instead for free.

When you save that $30/mo X 24 month = $720 saved over a two year period by going with the N1 instead of the Evo... which basically makes the unlocked Nexus One FREE compared to the $720 more Evo.
    Hmm.. how does this Google Voice work? I mean, i know in principle what its supposed to do, but how does it actually work on your phone. How does this change the way you make calls, send texts, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

That's the thing, it has features that take space that I don't want. Like WiMax. Not only is it not offered in my area, but the requisite circuitry adds mass.

And the size of the N1 is absolutely perfect, imho. I'd like to have a bigger screen for movie viewing, ala Android tablet, but that surely isn't a phone.
    Hey, Alpha.. have you found that Froyo resolved the multitouch and capacitive button issues with the Nex, or have they been resolved otherwise?
    My soft buttons were ever only slightly off..they are now 'dead-on', so I would have to say yes. I've never experienced the multi-touch issue beyond the test apps comparisons a while back (haven't revisited it), and I'm not a gamer. I think they've gone as far as the ClearPad2000 will allow. (A few users are still reporting touch issues, fwiw...I keep my screen clean, don't use a screen protector, and don't have those issues, personally.)

Sprint also appears ready to nickel and dime customers for everything:
    HTC EVO 4G:QIK Video Conferencing to cost $5...

...that's besides the fact their service is HORRIBLE --I had it for a work phone for 2 years, always dropped calls -- and the "4G" is a joke, and only deployed in a handful of markets.

I have a feeling some providers are getting ready to rape their customers with every single feature they can possibly charge for: Will Verizon’s LTE Pricing Look Like a Utility Bill?

I've been happy with T-mobile's no fuss, no muss true "unlimited" approach so far. They've been pretty pleasant for customer service too and I've maybe only had a few calls dropped. And their HSPDA+ network roll out is really getting "4G" speeds.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

4g on Sprint reports about 4mbps download and 1mbps upload cap. I get 3mbps with T-Mobile HSDPA. Thats not even +HSPA yet.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    4g on Sprint reports about 4mbps download and 1mbps upload cap. I get 3mbps with T-Mobile HSDPA. Thats not even +HSPA yet.
    Yeah, the 4G honestly is not even a selling point for me. Even if I was in a 4G area (which I'm not), the high frequency broadcast gets so degraded indoors makes it nothing but a waste of battery. But more importantly (for me), its also a waste of space. I've played around with a demo model of the EVO (not an actual device), and its quite thick and heavy. More mass to haul around.

That being said, people seem to like it. Wish I didn't have to wait until June 4th to see the EVO, and I wish I could play with an N1 before I ordered it. Shopping blind!

Thanks all for your input. Keep it coming, plz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links