Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice

This is a discussion on Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello NexusOne Forum, I waited a long time for the N1 to come out for Verizon and shortly before it was announced canceled I resolved ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice

Nexus One vs. EVO 4G - seeking experienced advice

Hello NexusOne Forum,

I waited a long time for the N1 to come out for Verizon and shortly before it was announced canceled I resolved to leave and never return to Verizon. The EVO 4G would be mine. But now that the EVO is nigh, I regret not having gone N1/T-mo back in January. I'm hoping some of your experienced users will have some perspective that could resolve by apprehension before purchasing one or the other.

What advice would you have for someone considering, right now, between the N1 and EVO? Have the issues with the N1's multitouch and capacitive buttons ever been resolved? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
    N

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

'Been burned once'....as they say. Are the features/size of the Evo worth waiting for? Only you can answer that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    'Been burned once'....as they say. Are the features/size of the Evo worth waiting for? Only you can answer that for yourself.
    That's the thing, it has features that take space that I don't want. Like WiMax. Not only is it not offered in my area, but the requisite circuitry adds mass.

Quote Originally Posted by nihilion View Post
    That's the thing, it has features that take space that I don't want. Like WiMax. Not only is it not offered in my area, but the requisite circuitry adds mass.

And the size of the N1 is absolutely perfect, imho. I'd like to have a bigger screen for movie viewing, ala Android tablet, but that surely isn't a phone.

And the size of the N1 is absolutely perfect, imho. I'd like to have a bigger screen for movie viewing, ala Android tablet, but that surely isn't a phone.
    Haha.. yes, that's true. There is certainly an ill-defined upper limit on how big a cell phone can be before it becomes a tablet.

Haha.. yes, that's true. There is certainly an ill-defined upper limit on how big a cell phone can be before it becomes a tablet.
    Forgot to mention the worst part about Evo...SPRINT! :rofl3:

The overall measurements aren't that far apart, but the tapered sides of the N1 make it feel so much better in the hand...I don't like the boxiness HTC has gone with in the DInc/Evo.

Hey, Alpha.. have you found that Froyo resolved the multitouch and capacitive button issues with the Nex, or have they been resolved otherwise?

If you want great looks, paying only $50/mo, getting updates immediately, and great customer service... Go with the N1

If you want worse looks, paying $80/mo, getting updates 5 months late, and terrible customer service... Go with the Evo

For me its a pretty clear descision

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    If you want great looks, paying only $40/mo, getting updates immediately, and great customer service... Go with the N1

If you want worse looks, paying $80/mo, getting updates 5 months late, and terrible customer service... Go with the Evo

How can I pay only $40 per month?

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    If you want great looks, paying only $40/mo, getting updates immediately, and great customer service... Go with the N1

How can I pay only $40 per month?
    Sorry hit the wrong #. I meant $50/mo with the Even More Plus plan when you cancel the text messaging and use google voice instead for free.

When you save that $30/mo X 24 month = $720 saved over a two year period by going with the N1 instead of the Evo... which basically makes the unlocked Nexus One FREE compared to the $720 more Evo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links