Nexus One VS. Sprints HTC Evo 4g??? VOTE!

This is a discussion on Nexus One VS. Sprints HTC Evo 4g??? VOTE! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I got a contract I did not want to pay 529 for the phone besides you get a free upgrade every year...

View Poll Results: Do you think that this type of application is useful?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • Yes

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One VS. Sprints HTC Evo 4g??? VOTE!

I got a contract I did not want to pay 529 for the phone besides you get a free upgrade every year
    Iphone has an app for that.......Nexus does not need apps its already perfect

niiiiiice @Frank

I would of got the evo if my contract wasn't still up with at&t, but it still is. Bigger screen, higher res, better camera, and a front camera. I still love my N1 though!

@ airflare so you think that the EVO is better overall???

Contract-wise, since I bought the phone from Google, I am not bound to any contract, and subscribed for Unlimited Data Plan (approx. $18 per month). My monthly bill is around $50.

I did rely heavily on the Unlimited Data Plan... I think is a must-have for Nexus One alike...

I have the Nexus One (Froyo) with a 2-year Tmobile contract. I also have the Sprint EVO 4G from the Google IO conference. My thoughts:

Nexus One with Tmobile
    Pros:
    - Android 2.2 definitely improves the phone.
    - Small, useful handset. Good physical design
    - Every program installed on the phone is perfectly integrated with your google account.
    - Tmobile is cheaper than Sprint
    - UI design decisions more efficient

Cons:
    - Tmobile, at least in the Mesa AZ area, stinks.
    - Customer service not great with the Nexus One, since you cant actually meet with anyone face to face to talk about the phone.
    - Nexus One has lousy music program

Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Pros:
    - Phone is faster than Nexus One
    - Screen is bigger than Nexus One
    - Front facing camera
    - Better back-side camera
    - Sprint data network, at least in Mesa AZ, is much faster than Tmobile. Seven times faster!
    - Sense UI
    - Better on-screen keyboard

Cons:
    - Sense UI (yes I know I listed it as a pro. Some people like it, some don't.)
    - Phone is too big. This phone isnt meant to be carried in your pocket.
    - Doesnt integrate as well with all your google programs
    - Sprint is more expensive than Tmobile.
    - Doesnt have Froyo, and who knows when it will.

If both phones could be bought from the same carrier, I would pick the Nexus One. If you had to choose the Nexus One with Tmobile, or the EVO with Sprint, I would choose Sprint. I bought my Nexus One in January with a 2-year Tmobile contract. On June 20th my month of free service with Sprint ends. At that time, I will ditch the EVO and stick with my Nexus One. The ETF from Tmobile is too costly to warrant switching to the Sprint EVO.
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

@Greymarch-Those that have tested Sprint's 4G are so far unimpressed, when compared to TMO's 3.5G...which appears to be 'just as quick' on the device. I think despite N1's 7.2mb limitation, it will be plenty fast for the life of this phone, and will not cost you extra on TMO..I expect Sprint to charge more for their 4G access. It's too bad TMO sucks at your location...that is enough to be a major Con, by itself.

I love my nexus one but, if I hadn't got it I would get the evo. It is a awesome Phone. I haven't actually used 4G on the evo but, if it's anything like the 4G I've experienced, it's awesome. I'm talking about DSL speeds on a phone!! Having said that I still love my N1 (especially after the Android 2.2 update), it does everything I need and, the only advantage with the evo is the bigger screen and 4G.

@ Greymatch So if you just HAD to pick one of them as your LAST phone, which would it be???? lol

I'm seeing a growing number of reports the battery on the EVO dies VERY fast on 4G.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links