Where is my Android 2.2? I still haven't received the OTA release.

This is a discussion on Where is my Android 2.2? I still haven't received the OTA release. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I heard people got it last week, I still haven't gotten it. I missed the opportunity to download it manually, and I thought it didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is my Android 2.2? I still haven't received the OTA release.

Where is my Android 2.2? I still haven't received the OTA release.

I heard people got it last week, I still haven't gotten it. I missed the opportunity to download it manually, and I thought it didn't matter because I heard people were getting it OTA already last week, but a week later I still don't have it.

How can I tell when I can get it anyway? Do I have to go into the setting and ask it to check for updates (what I've been doing all too often) or does it happen automatically, or what?

Yes I'm on T-Mobile.

Thanks for the help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nobody has gotten the official release yet.

here is a mirror for the 2.2 froyo (test rom) dl.dropbox.com/u/2525834/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

Enjoy. If you need help flashing it PM me

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKirby View Post
    I heard people got it last week, I still haven't gotten it. I missed the opportunity to download it manually, and I thought it didn't matter because I heard people were getting it OTA already last week, but a week later I still don't have it.

How can I tell when I can get it anyway? Do I have to go into the setting and ask it to check for updates (what I've been doing all too often) or does it happen automatically, or what?

Yes I'm on T-Mobile.

Thanks for the help.
    According to the news, nobody is getting the real OTA release yet. Some specific units received the "test ROM". All of the rest of us are either on the "test ROM" or are just waiting also.

When the update1 was pushed, I received a notification that there was an update waiting to be loaded. I was given the chance to not take it or to apply it. Of course, I applied it. A couple of reboots were required.

While Google does tend to favor silent updates for their products, so far they haven't been doing that for Android. I know that my Chrome browser updates a lot without telling me. It's highly unlikely they will do that with Froyo, especially since so many people will be excited to receive the official release. However, don't be surprised if you get minor updates silently in the future.
    :nexusx:

I was really surprised that they pushed the "test ROM" out on a Friday night. As an engineer, I would push back on that just so that I wouldn't have to work all weekend on the bug reports. Of course, it's not unusual for companies to push news on a Friday just so the reporters miss it over the weekend, but that's becoming less useful with always-connected bloggers.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I hope they don't start doing silent updates for Android. I may not be the typical Android user, but I like to know when an update is ready and apply it myself. At the very least it should be announced so you know what changed.

Silent browser updates are one thing - no dependencies. If they update Android silently from 2.1 to 2.2 and half your apps break, how would you know what happened?

Talk about a nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by odhinn View Post
    I hope they don't start doing silent updates for Android.
    I would be in favor of this if they let us be on the developer channel or beta channel. Then you would expect more frequent, but smaller updates.

But it might be annoying to be getting on the plane as your phone is updating and then you can't turn it off. "I'll turn off my phone in 5 minutes after it finishes updating...." Right. Then when you turn it back on something is broken and you can't fix it while on the road. That would be a pain.

On the one hand, it better for everything to be silent so that users don't skip important security updates. On the other hand, you don't want to push out a silent update that breaks a user's device.

Of course, the right answer is to never have an update with bugs, but we all know how well that works. :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Re: Where is my Android 2.2? I still haven't received the OTA release.

Silent update?? No no no... you wouldn't want your car to be serviced while you are in it, and On The way to the office would you?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

This thread is now way off topic. Google has not announced any plans for silent updates. They aren't coming to android anytime soon. Because of network issues sending out OTA updates, it is doubtful you will be seeing a slient OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    This thread is now way off topic. Google has not announced any plans for silent updates. They aren't coming to android anytime soon. Because of network issues sending out OTA updates, it is doubtful you will be seeing a slient OTA update.
    The 2.1 OTA came silent on my phone. I was working late at night, pulled out my phone to check the time and it was updating.

I asked the TMO/google rep I spoke to and they said that checking for the update under settings does not speed the process in any way - sort of like pushing an elevator button multiple times - ok to do, but really won't make a difference - I had probably checked 50 times before I decided to ask, now i'm just hoping for one of those notices and the glowing trackball telling me 2.2 is on the way :-)

Where is Android/Google representative? Please reply!

Google introduces its very good phone OS.
    Then they keep silence until now.
    Why there are no guideline officially from Google/ Android team publicizing to Android Users?

Thanks if there is clear answer.

Phuong (+84 913 71 32 44)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links