Automatically forward text messages?

This is a discussion on Automatically forward text messages? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have a Nexus One with Tmobile as my main cell-phone. I received a Sprint HTC EVO 4G from the Google IO conference. I want ...

Thread: Automatically forward text messages?

Automatically forward text messages?

I have a Nexus One with Tmobile as my main cell-phone. I received a Sprint HTC EVO 4G from the Google IO conference. I want all of the text messages I receive on my Nexus One to AUTOMATICALLY forward, as text messages, to my Sprint EVO smartphone. Is this possible? If so, how do I set this up?
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Just have all of your corespondents send text messages to your Google Voice number. Then you can easily change the receiving device.

Yes, it's taken me months to switch everyone and even today not everyone is switched. Maybe the better idea is to port your current primary number to GV and port your GV number to your primary cell phone.

AT&T for one does not offer forwarding of text messages. Don't know about T-Mobile.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

You can try this app SMS Forwarder v1.0.0 Application for Android | Communication Haven't used it, so I can't say how well it works. But it's free.

Also, you may want to try sending an email to your phone number and see if you receive it through SMS. A lot of carriers offer this, but it might be a paid feature. Send email to [10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net (5551112222@tmomail.net). If you receive it as an SMS, then there are a few apps in the Market that do automatic SMS to Email forwarding

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    Just have all of your corespondents send text messages to your Google Voice number. Then you can easily change the receiving device.

Yes, it's taken me months to switch everyone and even today not everyone is switched. Maybe the better idea is to port your current primary number to GV and port your GV number to your primary cell phone.

AT&T for one does not offer forwarding of text messages. Don't know about T-Mobile.
    :nexusx:
    I dont want to make all my contacts switch to a new phone number. I am only using the Sprint phone for a month, then I will be back to a single phone. Do you know of a way to automatically forward text messages from an android phone, AS TEXT MESSAGES, to another phone? If so, please share it with us.
    - Greymarch

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    You can try this app SMS Forwarder v1.0.0 Application for Android | Communication Haven't used it, so I can't say how well it works. But it's free.

Also, you may want to try sending an email to your phone number and see if you receive it through SMS. A lot of carriers offer this, but it might be a paid feature. Send email to [10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net (5551112222@tmomail.net). If you receive it as an SMS, then there are a few apps in the Market that do automatic SMS to Email forwarding
    I tried the SMS forwarder application on my Nexus One phone. It works perfectly. Would be nice if there were internal settings in android that would let you accomplish automatic SMS forwarding without needing a third-party application. Thank you for mentioning the SMS Forwarder.
    - Greymarch

Quote Originally Posted by Greymarch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

I tried the SMS forwarder application on my Nexus One phone. It works perfectly. Would be nice if there were internal settings in android that would let you accomplish automatic SMS forwarding without needing a third-party application. Thank you for mentioning the SMS Forwarder.
    No Problem! Glad it helped

PVS

SMS to email, with reply

PhoneLeash is another app that forwards SMS to email or to another SMS (phone/Google Voice/Skype/HeyWire). You can even reply to SMS, and it gets rerouted back through your phone so the other side sees the reply coming from where they expected. PhoneLeash also forwards missed call notifications.

Here is a thread on the same topic at Android Forums that could help.

Ads