Nooo, my poor N1

This is a discussion on Nooo, my poor N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can't believe it. I hardly ever drop a phone, ever! I've had this phone for months, and not one scratch on it, until tonight. Went ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nooo, my poor N1

Nooo, my poor N1

Can't believe it. I hardly ever drop a phone, ever! I've had this phone for months, and not one scratch on it, until tonight.

Went to watch a graduation, sitting on concrete. The graduation ends, and I start to stand up, not noticing the phone pulls a ninja move and slips out of my pocked, and I stand fully up and it falls from the pocket and I take my first step and at the same time, as if it was perfectly timed to happen, I kick it, and it launched it than lands screen down on the concrete and slides about 3-4 ft.

Couldn't believe it. My heart dropped!

Got a bit of scratches on the shell of the phone. As for the screen, it got a crack on the top right kind of near the charging LED. Luckily the crack is basically only in the black outlining of the glass, and it's got a deep cut in the glass from a rock it slid on in the black area to.

In a way I dodged a bullet where the crack is and where the scratches are.

It is still alive and kicking, but I am just saddened that it had to come to this

Phone = naked too. Now, I think, I mean...I know, I want a case! Let the recommendations come to me on this sad night!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

and that is why I ALWAYS keep my N1 in the pouch that comes with the phone. I mean cmon! It has the little android on it, how could you not use it...

i was thinking on using the pouch that came with the phone... buts its hard to take the phone out cos its new... never used cos i have the though case from casemate and its great.. it makes the phone a little more bulkier, but its hard and soft... and it protect the phone very well.....

also, for an extra protection i got the clear armor from casemate too.. so i have the clear and the though together

Always use a case people. Its just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eplchamps0304 View Post
    Always use a case people. Its just common sense.
    Never have, Never will....Naked pocket carry for me.

Ooh I'm sorry to hear about your N1 I'm using one of those soft cases that hug my N1 from the back and sides, and a full body protection as well. Luckily I have not dropped mine yet, but I feel your pain
    My sigs keep getting

I use the tough case as well. Since it comes up slightly higher than the screen even skidding across the ground won't be likely to touch the screen. I also use a belt holster that makes it impossible for the phone to come out unless I want it to.

No screen protector on it yet though.

Sorry to hear about your phone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Airflare View Post
    and that is why I ALWAYS keep my N1 in the pouch that comes with the phone. I mean cmon! It has the little android on it, how could you not use it...
    I like the pouch and i used it for a while but I usually drop my phone while I use it anyway, which the pouch doesn't help much.

I had a nightmare the other night that my phone fell on the driveway and had been crushed. I woke up in a cold sweat, reached over to my night stand and... ahh.... just a bad dream.

Sorry about your phone. BTW I keep mine naked @ home. I go out and its in a gelskin at least. Love the pouch too.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Only dropped mine once the first week I had it but with the replacement battery back with the 3200 mAh battery it's so much easier to hold onto now, plus I'm very aware now when I'm taking it out of its holster and grasp it firmly. That first drop will make your heart skip a beat or two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links