why cant I add a name to my texts

This is a discussion on why cant I add a name to my texts within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, Ive had my new Nexus for 2 days now and still cant text. My problem is when I try to add a contact ...

Thread: why cant I add a name to my texts

Angry why cant I add a name to my texts

Hi All,

Ive had my new Nexus for 2 days now and still cant text. My problem is when I try to add a contact to my text, as I type in a contact name there is no drop down box to add my contact, but if I start typing in their number their name comes up, this is no good to me as I can not remember phone numbers, my qusetion is, can this be turned around so that the number comes up when I start typing a contacts name?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by djdutt View Post
    Hi All,

Ive had my new Nexus for 2 days now and still cant text. My problem is when I try to add a contact to my text, as I type in a contact name there is no drop down box to add my contact, but if I start typing in their number their name comes up, this is no good to me as I can not remember phone numbers, my qusetion is, can this be turned around so that the number comes up when I start typing a contacts name?
    Welcome! This seems to be a common problem with new users. In your contacts page for the contact you are texting, make sure their mobile number is labeled as "mobile" (not home, work, other, etc). Then you will find you can enter the name in the texting app you use and it will show up.

Smile

Thank you Maris

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links