Snapped Nexus One Car Dock

This is a discussion on Snapped Nexus One Car Dock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Un-friggin-believable. I'm driving along this morning listening to music from my N1, and then >kerplop< the phone drops to the floor of the car; the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snapped Nexus One Car Dock

Un-friggin-believable. I'm driving along this morning listening to music from my N1, and then >kerplop< the phone drops to the floor of the car; the car dock had snapped from the top. I've had this phone for six weeks, the car gets parked in the garage, so there is no sun damage to the dock unit.

Thanks folks for arming me with knowledge before going at bat with HTC to get a replacement.

How not to break your Nexus One Car Dock

Quote Originally Posted by T5Dave View Post
    If you get a replacement, don't use the top to insert/remove the phone. Put it in top first and click it in at the bottom. It doesn't scratch the phone and the contacts are sprung. To take it out, push from the back/bottom forward and catch the phone.

The top design is crap, you don't want to flex it too much cos what has happened will happen again.
    Thanks to your suggestion, I am doing that with my replacement car dock, and I put a video on YouTube showing [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHgq3X-tsv4"]How not to break your Nexus One Car Dock[/ame]

I gave you credit in the video description too, with a link to your comment in this thread.

Lightbulb Nice on the phone, slow on the delivery

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    Just got off the phone with HTC. They sent me a fedex shipping label and cross shipping a new dock to me for free. The woman was very nice and understanding. She said she had no protocols to refer because accessories replacements weren't set up in their computer but she took the time to grab a supervisor and edited a nexus one replacement form to say nexus one car dock replacement. "Much success, very nice!" -the great philosopher Borat
    I was happy to receive similar service from the man on the phone. I was not so happy that it took them more than three weeks to send me a replacement. I had to get on their case about it to remind them. The never sent me a receipt to let me know they got my broken car dock and they never sent me a tracking number when they shipped it back to me. Funnily, though, the FedEx man knocked on my door five minutes after the second call I made to ask them where my replacement was!

Tip for customers: nip at their feet until you get your replacement.

I sent mine in back in May. Received a replacement within 3-4 days of sending it in. Helps that I am near Dallas and the replacement came from Houston, but they were very quick and responsive to me. The only problem was they kept sending me notices that if I didn't send my dock in soon, they were going to close my case.... I had already receved my replacement dock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links