Snapped Nexus One Car Dock

This is a discussion on Snapped Nexus One Car Dock within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My car dock has snapped at the thinnest section on top after a month of normal use. Will call HTC seeking a replacement. Has this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snapped Nexus One Car Dock

Snapped Nexus One Car Dock

My car dock has snapped at the thinnest section on top after a month of normal use. Will call HTC seeking a replacement. Has this happened to anyone else?

I also have a picture attached for your viewing pleasure.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_AfCbT7WfuGs/S_...528_111404.jpg

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow

What a terrible design!

The only way it could be worse is if the thing melted all over the dashboard due to heat from the sun.

TD

get it replaced dude, mines going strong, but i've only done 4 or 5 journeys with it

If you get a replacement, don't use the top to insert/remove the phone. Put it in top first and click it in at the bottom. It doesn't scratch the phone and the contacts are sprung. To take it out, push from the back/bottom forward and catch the phone.

The top design is crap, you don't want to flex it too much cos what has happened will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    My car dock has snapped at the thinnest section on top after a month of normal use. Will call HTC seeking a replacement. Has this happened to anyone else?

I also have a picture attached for your viewing pleasure.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_AfCbT7WfuGs/S_...528_111404.jpg
    Read this post before calling HTC, so there are no surprises while on the phone with them. It might help you out if they give you a hard time. http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-warranty.html

Mine has done the same thing. On the right side, but the left side looks like it is ready break also. Mine is sitting with gorilla glue setting riight now becsuse I assumed it would not be covered.

Had it about 6 weeks

Please post what they tell you so I can try/not try the same thing.

Just got off the phone with HTC. They sent me a fedex shipping label and cross shipping a new dock to me for free. The woman was very nice and understanding. She said she had no protocols to refer because accessories replacements weren't set up in their computer but she took the time to grab a supervisor and edited a nexus one replacement form to say nexus one car dock replacement. "Much success, very nice!" -the great philosopher Borat

Thats good, glad u got it sorted

borat is a role model for humanity

high five

Excellent news! Hope HTC becomes consistent on this policy...in every locale. I'm careful, but I can also see UV causing premature fracturing as the summer progresses...cars get HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    Just got off the phone with HTC. They sent me a fedex shipping label and cross shipping a new dock to me for free. The woman was very nice and understanding. She said she had no protocols to refer because accessories replacements weren't set up in their computer but she took the time to grab a supervisor and edited a nexus one replacement form to say nexus one car dock replacement. "Much success, very nice!" -the great philosopher Borat

Can you share the number you called? Mine snapped as well, and I'm confused where to get Customer Service. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links