Here is what I think of Apple
This is a discussion on Defensive i-phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here is what I think of Apple...
Are you sure about that?
have anything to back that up?
google fanboys are as bad as apple fanboys both spread misinformation.
If it worent for apple we wouldn't be here where we are at with android right now.
I owned a g 1. The first android phone blew compared to the first iphone.
This may come as a big shock but the nexus is a great phone just like the iphone is.
I must say that I had my Apple Shock today.
My husband still has his iPod Touch, and he wanted to to add some new tunes to his music collection on the iPod. This is what we went through:
- Inserted white wire into USB port of computer
- Inserted other end in iPod
- Waited forever, iTunes booted up
- iTunes told us it wanted to install a new version + Quicktime
- We said "no thanks, not at this time, we just want to get on with it, thanks anyway"
- iTunes crashed as soon as it finished starting up
- Computer went bananas
- Rebooted computer
- Allowed iTunes to update 120 MB+, twiddled thumbs for almost 1 hour
- Switched on iPod
- Nothing happened
- *Removed white wire from iPod
- Inserted white wire in iPod
- Waited 5 minutes, iTunes showed iPod
- iTunes crashed
- Started again from *
- iTunes starts backup
- Waited 35 minutes for backup to finish
- iTunes informs us this iPod has not been attached to this computer before
- We remember having re´nstalled this computer a month ago
- We try to authorise iPod for this computer
- iTunes informs us we already authorised 5 computers
- Five minutes go by while we use nasty language
- Another 10 minutes go by searching the Internet how to deauthorize all computers
- We deauthorize all computers
- We authorize this computer
- iTunes tells us this iPod is not configured to use this computer
- We tell iTunes to transfer all purchases
- iTunes transfers all apps, 15 minutes go by while it copies them to the computer
- iTunes finishes transferring
- We go to the iPod settings, and select "Sync music"
- iTunes tells us this iPod is not configured to sync with this computer, would we like to delete all music that's on it
- We shout NO WAY!
- iTunes informs us that in that case, there is no way we can add new music, na na na na nooo nooo!
- We use rude language
- We decide to give in, ok, go ahead, delete the #$%#% music
- iTunes deletes music
- iTunes tells us it can't add all music to the iPod
- We tell iTunes to only add selected songs
- iTunes tells us it can't just select songs, or at least we are too dumb to know how
- We perform some black magic to add back the old tunes to iTunes
- We perform more black magic to add old tunes to iPod
- Ultimately, we manage to add NEW tunes to iPod
- Hubby faints when he realizes he wants to add some new videos as well.......
Sure the iPhone/iPod is fantastic... but let's not get started about the rest...
My sigs keep getting
Wow, you guys really idolize this device! Haha.
Personally, I do miss my iPhone in some ways. It was an absolute pleasure to use. i do argue with the smoothness factor when compared to the N1 - iPhone wins hands down. Sure, the N1 is responsive, but it's just not as fluid as iPhone, or as consistent. The apps on the N1 aren't as great either, and in some cases, a bit rough around the edges.
So, to solve my little gripes, I carry around my iPod touch. Problem solved!
Android is getting there, though. I love my N1. It has been a great experience so far.