Froyo users

This is a discussion on Froyo users within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yes! Google Maps is great now and the street preview is much easier for me now....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Froyo users

Yes! Google Maps is great now and the street preview is much easier for me now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

I'd agree with the screen rotation, does seem a lot more sensitive now. I don't like the fact thats its now lefty landscape friendly either.

However, I haven't had the touchscreen problem where you press something and it recognises your touch about a cm lower. I used to have this all the time and I'd just lock and unlock to remedy but I haven't done this since doing the update.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

No Gallery problems since froyo! I had touchscreen problems before; when i tried to touch one letter and it hits the one under it. I used to get it a few times a week, but haven't noticed it since installing froyo.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    don't like the fact thats its now lefty landscape friendly either.
    Well, as a lefty ... I have to say I am pleased with the landscape friendly improvements! No problems anywhere for me, and the developers of the two programs I had slight issues with have already sent fixes. Life is SO GOOD.

I can't tell if the wacky-screen has been fixed, but I haven't had it since 2.2. It was difficult for me to replicate it in 2.1..most noticeable during or after unplugging the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusRocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I had the "crazy screen" issues before 2.2 and still have them from time to time in 2.2, but nowhere near as bad.

What I do get a lot more in Froyo is rotation problems. Oftentimes the screen will go into landscape even though I'm not holding it sideways. I think the accelerometer has been tweaked and is more sensitive to movement
    I noticed the same thing and it sucks now trying to use the phone laying in bed.
    Happens all the time when I'm lying in bed.

Reverted back to Cyanogen v5.0.6 till Froyo is officially released. Was getting random reboots and screen would flicker sometimes.

FroYo fixed all my problems and its not even the final release.Amazing I Say!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Any of you guys have the wonky touchscreen problems before froyo and now they are gone since installing froyo or how about the gallery glitch where you are told you have no items in your gallery when indeed you do.These 2 issues are making me lose my mind.

Interesting you mention the touchscreen. I was hoping it was not my imagination, but yes the touchscreen seems to behave predictably. Now typing flows much better and faster since Froyo also scrolling is definitely much smoother. The downside, Bluetooth, wifi, and the phone seem to have stability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    What wonky touchscreen problems are you referring to. Vague description at best. I have some jitter when scrolling. Did a battery pull and will see. Posted in Google help forums. No replies yet as too this being common or isolated to my phone. Waiting for 2.2 to see if it resolves it and occasional emails going straight to All Mail and bypassing Inbox. Hope to see OTA 2.2 by mid June.

Ken
    I think I know what he means by "wonky". By wonky, the keyboard felt loose, unstable, overly sensitive, the active center of the keys seems to be the upper right corner of the keys, the intermittent problem of the keyboard losing it's place (touching a spot on the keyboard and another spot responding). BTW scrolling is MUCH BETTER since the Froyo upgrade.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links