News and weather app

This is a discussion on News and weather app within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey everyone, I was just wonder where the News and Weather app gets its weather info... I know it says the weather channel in the ...

Thread: News and weather app

News and weather app

Hey everyone,

I was just wonder where the News and Weather app gets its weather info...

I know it says the weather channel in the app, but I compared the hour by hour with weather . com and it was not very consistent - for instance, at 1pm my phone says 50% change of rain while weather . com says 10%...

Also my phone says scattered thunderstorms when weather . com says clear

and why is the wind speed in km/h and not changeable???

this could be a great app, but I just can't use it knowing that I am receiving incorrect info...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Most areas have lots of weather stations. Since the n1 uses gps it picks the closest one. If you use weather.com it doesn't even give you the option. I think it just picks the biggest one in the town. I think that is where the discrepancy comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Most areas have lots of weather stations. Since the n1 uses gps it picks the closest one. If you use weather.com it doesn't even give you the option. I think it just picks the biggest one in the town. I think that is where the discrepancy comes from.
    Possibly...

but - My nexus one was displaying weather info for "South Miami" and I was looking at the weather page for "South Miami" on weather.com
    I figured they should be the same...

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Possibly...

but - My nexus one was displaying weather info for "South Miami" and I was looking at the weather page for "South Miami" on weather.com
    I figured they should be the same...
    It may say "South Miami" but which weather station? I would imagine Miami has quite a few. AFAIK, weather.com doesn't expose this data but some other clients let you pick from a particular station.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links