saving apps to sd card

This is a discussion on saving apps to sd card within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I downloaded an app that said it can be moved to the SD card but when I tried it said there was not enough room, ...

Thread: saving apps to sd card

saving apps to sd card

I downloaded an app that said it can be moved to the SD card but when I tried it said there was not enough room, and I know I have more then enough about 3gb of room. Is this common? What are some other apps that can do that I would like to try anouther one?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I found one that worked but I can't find it on my SD card. Also when I want to use it do I need to install it back onto my phone or can I use it from the SD card when I do find it?

Saving it to the SD card just means it will run off the card. It will not appear any different on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by spacecasespiff View Post
    I downloaded an app that said it can be moved to the SD card but when I tried it said there was not enough room, and I know I have more then enough about 3gb of room. Is this common? What are some other apps that can do that I would like to try anouther one?
    I'm running 2.1 and I use ASTRO file manager. You can choose to backup apps to your SD Card. I'm not sure if that's what you're meaning? If you mean downloading them to your SD Card and running them from there, I don't believe you can do it unless you're rooted or are running 2.2 FroYo. Even with 2.2 I hear there are problems. Of course, that's because the manual install for 2.2 needs some more tweaks and isn't official.

All the apps on my phone are backed up onto my SD Card, if you're wanting to run them from your SD Card, your best bet is to wait for FroYo OTA release, unless there is a way that someone already knows! Hope this helped. :nexusx:

From what I understand, apps that are moved to your SD card under FroYo are encrypted and placed into a special folder on your card. You won't be able to see them even though you can see the folder (at least with an unrooted phone like mine).

So far any app I have moved to my SD card has acted exactly the same as if it were stored on the phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links