What would you say is the best GPS Navigation App for N1?

This is a discussion on What would you say is the best GPS Navigation App for N1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thats weird cos when i downloaded the map from them, although im in UK, i coulda sworn the option was there for me to have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you say is the best GPS Navigation App for N1?

Thats weird cos when i downloaded the map from them, although im in UK, i coulda sworn the option was there for me to have the USA map...maybe im wrong then

Tell you something else...its more accurate/quicker than my dedicated TomTom 520 unit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by uksteve84 View Post
    Thats weird cos when i downloaded the map from them, although im in UK, i coulda sworn the option was there for me to have the USA map...maybe im wrong then
    Go to Navigon's web site and tell it you're in the US. You'll see a "coming soon".

Does anybody know how Navigon compares to CoPilot? I'm familiar with TomTom and I'd prefer that over CoPilot any day... but never tried Navigon.
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Does anybody know how Navigon compares to CoPilot? I'm familiar with TomTom and I'd prefer that over CoPilot any day... but never tried Navigon.
    When I had the iphone, Navigon was leaps and bounds above copilot. Copilot had old maps.

Geocaching Software

I use Geobeagle and c:geo. With GeoBeagle and a PC I have run a query that uploaded 580 caches that I have not found that are within 50 miles of my location and now available offline. The application allows you to have a direction needle (radar) with distance and a map showing all surrounding caches along with the cache web site. c:geo will search the local area and provides all the basic cache data. Website, map and radar are also there. Both have a purpose.

I'm using the built in Navigation, but plan to get Wikitude Drive when they release it. Augmented Reality + Navigation = win

II am in Vancouver. I tried CoPilot a month ago. The maps are at least 8 years out of date, It took me round in a circle more than twice, I looks very nice but I couldn't trust it. I uninstalled it and was about to forget about it, then I tried it again, same thing. Now it's gone for good. I have heard some great reviews of Navigon so I'll wait for that. Google Navigation would be nice but it's not available in Canada. Oh by the way I am back to using Tom Tom while waiting for Navigon.

Jim

For those who live out of the US and want to use the google navigation, you simply have to load a simple app from the app store: Nav Launcher !
    This will allow you to use the Google navigation software.
    The program might request you to download google "brut" map.
    it's working pretty fine here in my area, in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    I am new to N1 and I was wondering what app(s) for turn by turn gps navigation would you say is the best?
    the one built in is Google Maps, correct? .....and that is the only one that is FREE and FULL, as in voice, etc..??

thanks

Sygic and Copilot work only in Android 2.1 but not in Froyo. Now, only Navigon and IGO work in my N1.

Personally, I think IGO is the best for N1. Although none of them have very updated map like Tomtom and Garmin does, IGO's route calculation is better. Sygic and Copilot do not necessary show you the shortest route and fastest route even you select the right option. The interface of Navigon is quite neat but there are not many options to choose and you cannot do address search if you have more than one state/map loaded. Hopefully, newer version will have this bug fixed.

I still love my Garmin Mobile XT and Tomtom on my old Nokia N95. I hope Tomtom for android will roll out soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links