App to auto dial numbers in Email body

This is a discussion on App to auto dial numbers in Email body within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by bgoody Hi. For regular US/Canadian style numbers you just need to Press and hold them in the email and the number will ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: App to auto dial numbers in Email body

Quote Originally Posted by bgoody View Post
    Hi. For regular US/Canadian style numbers you just need to Press and hold them in the email and the number will be pasted into the dialer. If your system is different, do the Menu>More>Select text thingie and the selected text will be copied to the clipboard. Then go to the dialer and in the number window, press and hold. A menu will come up, select Paste.
    That's excellent - thank you very much!

It's not the ideal solution but is an acceptable workaround for me until hopefully this is fixed.............

If you don't see any selected text as bgoody mentioned, once you do the Menu>More>Select text just drag your finger across the number to highlight it and when you lift your finger, it is automatically copied. Then you can paste it anywhere else with a long hold and paste.

Data recognition, such as UK phone numbers, and copy and paste is a very poor on an otherwise excellent system. I don't use Gmail for my business, so none of the suggestions here work for me. I use K9 Mail.
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    If you don't see any selected text as bgoody mentioned, once you do the Menu>More>Select text just drag your finger across the number to highlight it and when you lift your finger, it is automatically copied. Then you can paste it anywhere else with a long hold and paste.
    Thanks Maris

Just need learn to be more accurate with my finger to copy as I keep selecting the wrong text or too much text, even with font size set to huge!

Quote Originally Posted by curnsie View Post
    Data recognition, such as UK phone numbers, and copy and paste is a very poor on an otherwise excellent system. I don't use Gmail for my business, so none of the suggestions here work for me. I use K9 Mail.
    Drew
    I am fairly sure that once you receive Android 2.2 then copy and paste will work in all applications, including K9.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Thanks Maris

Just need learn to be more accurate with my finger to copy as I keep selecting the wrong text or too much text, even with font size set to huge!

Drew
    I am fairly sure that once you receive Android 2.2 then copy and paste will work in all applications, including K9.
    I have 2.2 - its still not working. In K9 a workaround is to hit reply or forward on an email I want to copy data from, and then use the select text feature. Its not ideal but it works.

One thing that will help your accuracy is to use the roller ball to locate and select the text.

One thing that will help your accuracy is to use the roller ball to locate and select the text.
    You're a star!

Thanks.................

No problemo.

I was told 'No Prob' was to short to post!! lol

Dial an invalid phone number format

If you are trying to dial s.o number from browser or everywhere else, you can use CopyNDial to change the number you gonna dial.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links