App to auto dial numbers in Email body

This is a discussion on App to auto dial numbers in Email body within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I need an App that will detect phone numbers in my Emails so I can call them quickly the App supplied with my Nexus only ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: App to auto dial numbers in Email body

Angry App to auto dial numbers in Email body

I need an App that will detect phone numbers in my Emails so I can call them quickly the App supplied with my Nexus only highlights web pages. K-9 won't do it either. Anybody no of one that will work for me please?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    All you have to do is click on the phone number and it opens the dialer with the number filled in, waiting for you to hit the send button. This might only work with 10-digit numbers but the feature is already in your phone's built-in email client.

Angry

Thanks but how to I highlight it or click on it ! It will will ONLY highlight WEB addresses currently.

mah
    Press the number in an email, without removing your finger; you'll see it highlighted then. (It's not highlighted prior to pressing, you have to just be able to see that it's a phone number.) Now, either remove your finger and you'll be taken to the dialer, with the number filled in, or slide your finger to cancel making the call.

You might get a URL style highlight if you can convince people to include the number in URL format, tel://123-456-7890 - but I'm not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Press the number in an email, without removing your finger; you'll see it highlighted then.
    Not in the UK where number are 11 digits!

This is one of the major reasons I sold my last Nexus One and I am waiting with baited breath to see if this issue has been resolved with Froyo.

I have tried every variation and have been unable to get this to work and hopefully the fact that in 2.2 introduces copy and paste in Gmail means this will be resolved.

Wow... I'm shocked Google didn't think of numbers larger than 7 digits. :\

Disappointed that Froyo does not address this issue and I am still unable to dial numbers in emails.

Surely this is a massive oversight and needs to be fixed in a future release unless anyone knows a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    Disappointed that Froyo does not address this issue and I am still unable to dial numbers in emails.

Surely this is a massive oversight and needs to be fixed in a future release unless anyone knows a workaround?
    I think "massive" is stretching it a bit. I'd classify this is lower-sub-minor and assign it the lowest priority possible in the bug database if I worked on Android.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Well I actually use my Nexus One primarily as a phone for making and receiving calls!

I receive a high volume of emails containing telephone messages when I am out of the office and currently the only way I am able to call the number contained in the email is by writing the number in my notepad and then manually dialling out!

With my previous smartphones I simply clicked on the number in the message to dial.

So to me it is a massive issue and one of the main reasons I sold my last Nexus One.

However on the positive side Android is evolving quickly (that's why I came back!) and I can't believe this won't be fixed in the future.........

I receive a high volume of emails containing telephone messages when I am out of the office and currently the only way I am able to call the number contained in the email is by writing the number in my notepad and then manually dialling out!
    No dispute it's a huge issue for you. Problem is I suspect it's not likely to affect 99% of people. That's why it would be assigned a low priority as a bug (if it is one).

So to me it is a massive issue and one of the main reasons I sold my last Nexus One.
    :confused: You thought buying another one would resolve it ? :confused:
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links