Question about rooting

This is a discussion on Question about rooting within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Sorry I'm still only used to iPhone and I am waiting to receive my N1. Does rooting automatically add extra and 3rd party apps to ...

Thread: Question about rooting

Question about rooting

Sorry I'm still only used to iPhone and I am waiting to receive my N1. Does rooting automatically add extra and 3rd party apps to Market? Do you have to add a source or something to Market to get them after rooting? Also how do you install themes(I know iPhone you just drag the theme into a folder and enable them with an app)? Thanks in advance for you help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Rooting the Nexus One is entirely different from jailbreaking the iPhone

For starters, yes, you will have all your apps and access to the market, as usual. Nothing will change - before you rooted, you could already download and install 3rd party apps, and after you root, everything you purchased from the Market will still be there.

Even themes, you can already use different themes before you root, some are built right into the stock ROM. Think FREEDOM from the start, rooting only offers ADDITIONAL goodies

Second, no matter how often you update your ROM, you will always stay rooted (or at least, unlocked).

Unlike Apple who tries to discourage, prevent and undo jailbreaking, Google WANTS us to root :D

Congratulations on moving over to a REAL phone/platform :D
    My sigs keep getting

Just to add...

There are a lot of handy tools/apps too. Like Nandroid for backing up your ROM's before you flash another one and Metamorph for super easy installation of themes.

So once you're rooted, developers have made it easy to try out different things on your phone and go back to what you had before.

Thanks Sophia and rioja I can't wait until next week when I get my new N1 :D

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links