Ordered a Nexus One in Canada, how long will I wait!?

This is a discussion on Ordered a Nexus One in Canada, how long will I wait!? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm in a remote area in Labrador, I ordered mine on a Monday and received it early Friday morning. My custom fees were ~$75, but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a Nexus One in Canada, how long will I wait!?

I'm in a remote area in Labrador, I ordered mine on a Monday and received it early Friday morning. My custom fees were ~$75, but that will depend on which province you live in.

I completely forgot about the customs fee lol. Here I go, pay up 13% more

Quote Originally Posted by RickShake View Post
    I completely forgot about the customs fee lol. Here I go, pay up 13% more
    Ya it reeks... but if you keep the phone for a while, the cost averages out over the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by demonte21 View Post
    Just prepare your cash... when DHL will show up (if they show up!!!) you will have to pay about 60 to70$ in custom fee, and tax.

I had a lot of problem with DHL and the delivery of the phone. I hope everything will be fine for you.!
    They say they will deliver on monday... I took ONE day off to be at home waiting for it... and the guy never came. They say they try to deliver and I wasn't there.
    They did the same the tuesday... I took another day off...
    So total it cost me 2 day of work + 556$ + 67.56$ ! ouch!!!
    Wait one question... It has to be cash!? I don't have 80 dollars on me, the truck dude is coming! Do they take debit or credit?

Quote Originally Posted by demonte21 View Post
    Just prepare your cash... when DHL will show up (if they show up!!!) you will have to pay about 60 to70$ in custom fee, and tax.

I had a lot of problem with DHL and the delivery of the phone. I hope everything will be fine for you.!
    They say they will deliver on monday... I took ONE day off to be at home waiting for it... and the guy never came. They say they try to deliver and I wasn't there.
    They did the same the tuesday... I took another day off...
    So total it cost me 2 day of work + 556$ + 67.56$ ! ouch!!!
    I've had similar problems with DHL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RickShake View Post
    Wait one question... It has to be cash!? I don't have 80 dollars on me, the truck dude is coming! Do they take debit or credit?
    Yes, they take credit for sure.

Do they give you a bill or I have to pay up on the spot? I'd MUCH rather get a bill, because I only have my dad's credit card information, not even the card itself! : /

Hmmm not sure. I've always paid up front and assumed you had to (the driver can go to the truck and call the card in to make sure it's not stolen or whatever). I haven't tried to be billed...

YES! My Nexus is here! The dude showed up, I got lucky I had three checks in my room and he could take checks! If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be able to pay. Lucky shot! Also, for anyone wondering, yes, you have to pay up on delivery. I asked the guy if I could be billed he said no, it's something they call cash on delivery.

HOLY COW This phone is SO SEXY. I am so scared of dropping it it's ridiculous. Gonna start charging!! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links