Monthly Service....What Do You Pay????

This is a discussion on Monthly Service....What Do You Pay???? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dd4005 O2 Germany, with no contract period my bills are about $15 per month. This sir... makes me want to PUKE! Feels ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Service....What Do You Pay????

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    O2 Germany, with no contract period my bills are about $15 per month.
    This sir... makes me want to PUKE!

Feels like I am being:noscrewed: living here in the states...

Even more plus with 500 minutes and unlimited text +web. $70.85 with taxes. Bought phone outright no contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

Feels like I am being:noscrewed: living here in the states...
    Nothing unique to being in the states. You can get screwed in Britain and Germany too if you really want to. I could go out right now and sign up for a $70/month contract but my usage habits don't justify it.

Y'all need to work out how many minutes of calls you really need to make and consider whether a pre-paid/pay-as-you-go contract is more appropriate.

Last time I was on a "proper" contract tied in for 2 years or so and getting a phone subsidized was 1998. Haven't done it since then. It's never the best bet financially to get a subsidized phone. You can easily recoup the cost of buying your phone yourself and then going to your service provider of choice and demanding a great deal because they're not having to give you a phone.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

TMo, no contract 2 N1's (me and my fiance)
    Even More Plus
    750 Minutes shared talk
    unlimited text and data
    MA, USA - $120/mo total

I'm getting annoyed by coverage, seems to be getting worse. 2 points on Rt 2 between Cambridge and Littleton where I now drop calls all the time. Now I need to get around to contacting them about it. Hopefully coverage will improve sometime in the next year or so.

750 Minutes seems just enough for the two of us. When I was on Verizon, I rarely used any minutes because nearly everyone we know is on Verizon. Now we tend to use 500 to 650 minutes/mo talking. But unlimited text and data helps. I paid $125/mo on Verizon before for 2 phones, 1400 minutes, 200 texts, and no data before.

25 per month
    800 minutes
    unlimited texts
    unlimited data
    orange uk

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    25 per month
    800 minutes
    unlimited texts
    unlimited data
    orange uk
    Now there ya go. That's the most anyone should have to pay. That's about $37/month and has everything you'd need. I'm just flabbergasted that people are paying $70, $80, and even $90 per month (per phone). Sometimes not even getting a free top of the range phone for those prices either.

On the other hand, y'all stateside don't get screwed on your petrol (we pay over $8 a gallon on this side of the atlantic) or on your car prices (we pay about 50% more for our cars). Won't stop me driving a V8 BMW though :D
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    we pay over $8 a gallon on this side of the atlantic
    I WISH prices were that high here in the states. Would be too expensive for people to kill the environment and force people to live in dense population areas which have public transportation (think NY city)

T-Mo No Contract
    Even More Plus - $59.99
    500 Minutes (includes unlimited T-mobile-T-mobile calls and free nights & weekends)
    Unlimited Text & Web

I am obviously getting killed. I don't utilize 5% of this phone's capabilities and I am paying through the roof. If I use 200 minutes/month of talk time that is a lot. I mostly text with the phone and certainly not a lot at that. I think that I am locked into a 2 year contract that began in January of this year. I just wanted to be the first on the block with an N1......so much good that has done for me huh???????

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    15 / month
    1gb Internet
    Unlimited texts

O2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links