Froyo over CyanogenMOD?

This is a discussion on Froyo over CyanogenMOD? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My N1 is rooted running CyanogenMOD 5.0.7.1, color trackball alerts, the Desire Camera, Helix Launcher, etc... basically all the goodies. I know a lot of ...

Thread: Froyo over CyanogenMOD?

Froyo over CyanogenMOD?

My N1 is rooted running CyanogenMOD 5.0.7.1, color trackball alerts, the Desire Camera, Helix Launcher, etc... basically all the goodies. I know a lot of people in my situation went back to stock and flashed the pre-release Froyo. My question is why? I watched the Google I/O conference and yeah, Froyo looks great, but it doesn't seem like there's anything (other than Flash) that Froyo can do that all these custom ROM's out there can't. Is there something in Froyo I'm missing that I can't get in these custom ROM's? I'm thinking about just waiting until Cyanogen comes out with his own custom Froyo ROM....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure of what all CyanogenMOD 5.0.7.1 included but here are some nice highlights for froyo.

• Speeds up non-native apps by 450%
    • Android Market apps auto-update all
    • Flash 10.1 added
    • May be, an updated homescreen (Launcher.apk)
    • WiFi-Tethering

the flash isn't very big for me since the early reviews of it show problems with it slowing down the browser but i thing the app speed increase will be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett3rThanU View Post
    My N1 is rooted running CyanogenMOD 5.0.7.1, color trackball alerts, the Desire Camera, Helix Launcher, etc... basically all the goodies. I know a lot of people in my situation went back to stock and flashed the pre-release Froyo. My question is why? I watched the Google I/O conference and yeah, Froyo looks great, but it doesn't seem like there's anything (other than Flash) that Froyo can do that all these custom ROM's out there can't. Is there something in Froyo I'm missing that I can't get in these custom ROM's? I'm thinking about just waiting until Cyanogen comes out with his own custom Froyo ROM....
    People like me flashed Froyo just to see the changes, what's it like, play with the new stuff, etc

Now I'm too lazy to go back to CM, even though I miss trackball alerts and a few other apps that don't work right on Froyo. If I knew then what I know now, I think I would have stuck with CM... just until the official Froyo is released.

I tried Froyo for a day or two, decided I couldn't live without all the goodies and went back to CM. Since that was sort of a nightmare, I decided that I'm going to be patient and with till CM's version of Froyo is out :D
    My sigs keep getting

Well, I flashed Froyo and I liked it...went back to CM, then went back to Froyo...the trackball lights work pretty well(handcent, gmail notifier, missed call etc)..I am still waiting on cm froyo though...the only reason I went back to froyo (which I quick rooted so it is still sprinkled with CYAN, because I could still overclock it) was the market widget is so cool for me. I know it is a minor thing, but as much as I check on new apps, the quick glance and beauty of it are so cool...LAME I know, but I check on Cyan's tweets everyday, keep titanium up to date, just patiently waiting now for all the goodness.:rofl3:
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Quote Originally Posted by XpAcErX View Post
    Not sure of what all CyanogenMOD 5.0.7.1 included but here are some nice highlights for froyo.

• Flash 10.1 added
    • WiFi-Tethering
    the flash isn't very big for me since the early reviews of it show problems with it slowing down the browser but i thing the app speed increase will be nice.
    People that have used froyo have told me that CM 5.0.7 actaully seems faster. android market update is the dumbest thing ever....i dont know how many apps i have that are not updated because i dont like the new versions. Flash is the only thing i want. You have many more options for updated home screens with CM. And WIFI tethering is also available with CM. Plus all the other extras which make CM the concrete choice for now. Like some1 else said i will be waiting for a CM 2.2 ROM.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XpAcErX View Post

• Flash 10.1 added
    • WiFi-Tethering

People that have used froyo have told me that CM 5.0.7 actaully seems faster. android market update is the dumbest thing ever....i dont know how many apps i have that are not updated because i dont like the new versions. Flash is the only thing i want. You have many more options for updated home screens with CM. And WIFI tethering is also available with CM. Plus all the other extras which make CM the concrete choice for now. Like some1 else said i will be waiting for a CM 2.2 ROM.
    By default the apps don't auto-update. You have to manually go into every one of them and either enable the feature or leave it on manual update.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links